Riot: "Shyvana was starting to see some competitive play..."

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anonagon

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishBowl View Post
Well, OP is a bit overstating the issue, bit I think it still speaks to a problem.
And a possible solution.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2910318
To me the problem isn't that the same champions are always being picked, its that the ones that start to rise up and are finally seeing play after a long time are being nerfed when the Unholy Pentagram of Top Laners still haven't been butcher. (Renek, Shen, Kenn, Elise, Zac)

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

09-09-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

We aren't making imminent changes to Shyvana's Burnout. This datamine was another piece of Season 4 fighter testing bits of which I incorrectly promoted to the PBE (as seen with Garen). The plan was to pair it with some sexy changes to her dragon form.

FWIW our internal testing on all the changes currently shows the W you saw to be a bit too weak.

As to our overall view of Shyvana, I think she's balanced but her Dragon Form doeesn't feel sufficienly epic. I want Shyvana to be a bully, but a more moderate one early, in exchange for a lvl 16 dragon form where she becomes a literal raid boss, turning the enemy backline into a pile of charred corpses. Rez and run back.

PallasAthens

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
We aren't making imminent changes to Shyvana's Burnout. This datamine was another piece of Season 4 fighter testing bits of which I incorrectly promoted to the PBE (as seen with Garen). The plan was to pair it with some sexy changes to her dragon form.

FWIW our internal testing on all the changes currently shows the W you saw to be a bit too weak.

As to our overall view of Shyvana, I think she's balanced but her Dragon Form doeesn't feel sufficienly epic. I want Shyvana to be a bully, but a more moderate one early, in exchange for a lvl 16 dragon form where she becomes a literal raid boss, turning the enemy backline into a pile of charred corpses. Rez and run back.
Yeah but unless you're buffing her base stats and ultimate stats she'll never be this. With CC everyone will go 'haha worthless' and run by her.

Anonagon

09-09-2013

Quote:

OhgodIhavebeenwaitingforthisthankyouforreplyingtot his.

I love the idea of her Dragon Form being more epic. I had seen the tooltip for the dragon form change, but it didn't feel like it would compensate for the Burnout nerf, considering its her main source of damage early on. Do you have anything in mind yet about the potential Dragon Form changes, besides that tidbit that got to her PBE tooltip? I would love to have it be some kind of offensive steroid. Considering that damage is the only thing she really contributes to a team, I would love to see that damage emphasized in Dragon Form.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

09-09-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
Yeah but unless you're buffing her base stats and ultimate stats she'll never be this. With CC everyone will go 'haha worthless' and run by her.
Have faith.

SlVIR

09-09-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...478&highlight=

if you got the time about sivir's spell shield

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:

Make her immune to CC during her ult, and bam she is a useful initiator

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:

That's exciting.
I hope you'll also fix the bug where the enemy champion you're pulling with you during your ult goes flying in the opposite direction that he should have been dragged?

Odenmaru

09-09-2013

Quote:

I smell Shyvana getting a Dragon Shout. eeheheheheh.

Falling Objects

09-09-2013

Quote:
Have faith.
Larger model on higher levels of ultimate (With proportionately increased ranges on skills) may be a good place to start looking at. Maybe even Cho sized?

Cho can be glass cannon, but still look and feel tanky even though he might only have some odd 900 extra health from his ult. Which is a respectable amount, but 900 health by itself doesn't make a champion tanky if they're only building glass cannon items. Why? Because he's huge, and he LOOKS tanky.

1234567 ... 10