A Plea to Riot on the Sad State of the Widowmaker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0LANAR

09-09-2013

October 5th of this year will mark the third year since Evelynn's last skin (Tango Evelynn) was released. The community is vocal about wanting skins for champions who haven't received one since their release (Rumble, Diana, Skarner, Zyra, etc.), the fact of the matter is that no champion has been neglected by the skins team more than Evelynn.

I understand that Evelynn was neglected for a while when she was nerfed into the ground in the Yorick patch and that is why shes wasn't given a skin. However in July 2012, Evelynn's kit was reworked and has since been a balanced champion for the most part. Yet still she has seen no other improvements despite the fact that Riot acknowledges that she is in need of a visual update.

Riot recently has been talking about Evelynn's inevitable visual update, but the way they talk about it is unsettling. As Ironstylus and other Rioters have mentioned, Evelynn is a ways off from being visually upgraded. This is an insult to fans of Evelynn. She was nerfed to the ground for over a year, neglected for three years by the skins team, but now it looks like Riot will neglect her for at least another year despite their past record with her.

All I ask of Riot is to put more effort towards Evelynn's visual upgrade so that it will be released sooner. If this isn't possible then I ask them to work on an Evelynn skin to be released before her update instead of waiting for her visual update for her new skin. They released a skin for Garen before his visual update so there should be no problem with doing the same with Evelynn, especially if there is going to be a long wait period for her update. It would be extremely sad for Evelynn fans to have to wait a possible 4 years before seeing a new Evelynn skin in the store.

Thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from Riot on this issue.

Rioter Bait:
@Iron Stylus
@Morello
@Phreak
@Grumpy Monkey
@RiotTea Time
@Kitae
@Riot Morgageddon
@Riot
@Riot Relaunch Team
@Xelnath
@Meddler
@Certainlyt
@Griftrix

Priapös

09-09-2013

Even a lore update would be great. Right now all it basically says is that no one knows her origins and shes a great assassin.

FLANIG0N

09-09-2013

I'm happy to hear that other people think Eve has been neglected. I was looking at the numerous amounts of skins other champions have in comparison to her, and given that she is one of the oldest champions, I'm confused as to why she doesn't have more skins, especially after her rework. I'm not a big Eve player myself, but I do play her on occasions and find her extremely fun. It would be nice to see Riot give her a little love! Hope this gets through to them! ^

Zelkovan

09-09-2013

I agree, I'm actually starting to play Evelynn often, and the fact that she only has 2 skins (one is pretty much a re-color) and the other one isn't too good of a skin and that she appears to be getting none anytime soon is kind of a downer.

S0LANAR

09-09-2013

She has a third skin (Masquerade), but its a legacy skin and its basically a recolor as well. None of them are that great unfortunately.

Captain Key Lime

09-09-2013

They said they're working on it, I'm pretty sure

dannygmoe

09-09-2013

bumpity bump

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

They have already said that champions like eve will not get a new skin(although they may have a skin in the works but on hold) until she gets a full visual update.

sarcasmsmurf

09-09-2013

eve is in line for a VU and a lore update to come.. so no new skins until that happens

Tohaca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

It's pathetic that Eve was supposed to get a VU with her kit rework, and now they've decided to push it to the point that they don't even want to give an ETA. Now they refuse to give her a skin because they know she needs a VU, but they don't want to give her a VU before even Garen because she's too hard and they don't want to do their jobs I guess.