A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScrubSloth

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Deals damage that scales with Champion Level (as do all 5-points now) and the root duration is extended.

Preeeeeeeety extended.
I saw some things that i thought were pretty cool with bola (i.e - empowered bola passes through minions), one i idea i have for it is to make it a .5 second stun into and deteriorating slow. Kinda giving the idea that the person tripped and they are getting back up and trying to get out of the bola.

JLU6

09-08-2013

Quote:
Heal on kill isn't Trundle's Passive...Trundle's Passive is just heal on death u.u

Also, not going to put anything crazy like Stealth on it. This is an 800g item that is giving you Attack Damage, Butcher Passive and upgrades into champion-specific bonuses. For what it's doing, it's pretty cheap...which is why i'll reiterate again that whatever the passive comes out to be will be a minor, yet useful passive that A. appeals to laning Rengar in the early phases of the game, and B. Has a secondary synergy with jungle rengar.

So yeah, expect whatever 2nd passive makes it onto his BTN to be tiny, but useful. (The reason i keep bringing up Doran's Items is their passives far outlive their statistical usefulness, and don't feel poor as item choices regardless of their lack of buildpath.)
Just a quick question, can Rengar still Assassinate people without triple Q like the normal not PBE LoL can?

My favorite part about Rengar is getting early First Blood, and just snowballing right after, by pressuring both lanes (3v3) and basically getting to level 6 before they get to level 5. It's only because of his early damage that I can actually get first blood with my teammates and snowball on.

I also saw something about his health, and I think the only buff to his health related stats should be Health Regen, as it allows him to roam a bit more.

So anyways, thanks for this look into Rengar, as I think being able to stand right next to you almost anytime and triple Qing you is OP.

RakshirX

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLU6 View Post
I think being able to stand right next to you almost anytime and triple Qing you is OP.
I am really sick of reading remarks like this. He can only do that if he is well fed, AND you're not wearing any armor. It's an empty remark, made by those that typically build pure adc or ap builds. It's about as hollow a comment as someone saying, "I think being able to stand far away from you almost any time and shoot you to death in a few seconds is OP". This is what well fed adc's do, all the time. I hate it, but I'd not suggest we trash the adc design, or nerf them all. Instead, we build a few champs, like Rengar, that can counter adc's - and, if he gets caught (which happens more often than not), the adc burns him down in 2 seconds anyways. Rengar has to have strong rapid attacks, otherwise, someone like Cait, Vayne, Ez, or any other adc's that have a gap-creating ability will have plenty of time to make the distance and blast him to pieces.

The Dunkmaster

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
Pink wards easily counter him, as does buying armor, and he has only 1 slow or short root - this is not 'hard CC', he is not tanky, and if he gets caught, he is easily killed. Stop whining, he's been ultra-uber-nerfed for far too long - go buy some armor and some pink wards ya freakin' sissy.
I'm not whining about him, infact, I love Rengar to pieces and play him a ton. I've been jungling him in ranked with huge success.

Yes I agree he's nerfed way too hard, but as others got weaker he showed his broken side again.

Tell me this, are you really going to set yourself behind pink warding JUST for Rengar, because you're sure as hell not going to stay in pink ward radius for a whole 30-40 minutes, and in a lot of those minutes someone is going to get caught by a sneaky cat.

It's just a fact that he has a bad kit. You can't fit the "Oracles/Pink ward" argument into everything you know? I like Rengar as a champion, just his kit isn't great to play against due to resourceless, sustain, huge burst and tanky stats from W he shouldn't even have (Replace with reduced monster damage or something)

At the same time, he's only viable because Triple Q exists, without it he'd still be trash tier.

I'm not asking for Rengar nerfs or **** like that, I'm just pointing out that his kit wasn't designed well.

Huge sustain, high burst, tanky stats from W that shouldn't be there (Yes I know he drops like a fly, replace that **** with something offensive)

What I want to change is his ****ty chase potential outside the jungle. At the same time it can't be changed or he'll likely be over the top again.

Parapsychology

09-09-2013

I am so sick and tired of what happens when I am playing against a Kha'Zix during the quest. ANYTIME i ever get into striking distance of him, he just LEAPS away. I thought these two champions wanted each others blood not, "Oh, he got an advantage on me, now i am just going to run away and recall and hope my team catches him out so I get the completion."

I have a suggestion; While "The Hunt is On" quest is active, when Rengar or Kha Zix deal damage to eachother, for the next 10 seconds, Kha zix cannot use his leap and Rengar cannot use his ultimate?

Maybe this sounds too extreme, but I just think the whole concept of this quest has Rengar at the short end of the stick. Lesser reward.. lesser likelihood of completion..

devries5th

09-09-2013

What if for the hunt and the BTN, if Rengar wins then he would consume the passives and special unlocks from the stacks on it but would lose the damage if he would chose to sell it. He would keep the MS and whatnot but if he decided to sell it then he would lose the base and per level damage so that it would balance out and not be equal to '7' items since he would consume the stack bonuses.

Mobilized Boat

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapsychology View Post
I am so sick and tired of what happens when I am playing against a Kha'Zix during the quest. ANYTIME i ever get into striking distance of him, he just LEAPS away. I thought these two champions wanted each others blood not, "Oh, he got an advantage on me, now i am just going to run away and recall and hope my team catches him out so I get the completion."

I have a suggestion; While "The Hunt is On" quest is active, when Rengar or Kha Zix deal damage to eachother, for the next 10 seconds, Kha zix cannot use his leap and Rengar cannot use his ultimate?

Maybe this sounds too extreme, but I just think the whole concept of this quest has Rengar at the short end of the stick. Lesser reward.. lesser likelihood of completion..
The average brain reaction time to something is 0.2 seconds. Rengar, if he Triple Q's, can kill Kha'Zix in about 0.5 seconds. 0.2 seconds to react, about an 0.2 second delay for leap and 0.1 second for his leap to actually get far away enough from Rengar before he dies.

It's fine. The reward Rengar gets is a little less than what Kha'Zix gets, but otherwise, The Hunt is fine.

devries5th

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilized Boat View Post
The average brain reaction time to something is 0.2 seconds. Rengar, if he Triple Q's, can kill Kha'Zix in about 0.5 seconds. 0.2 seconds to react, about an 0.2 second delay for leap and 0.1 second for his leap to actually get far away enough from Rengar before he dies.

It's fine. The reward Rengar gets is a little less than what Kha'Zix gets, but otherwise, The Hunt is fine.
Except as of right now, rengar can not actually win.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-09-2013
72 of 81 Riot Posts

Quick Thoughts Bonus Round!

What do you guys think of this?

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.

Booty BIaster

09-09-2013

Quote:
Quick Thoughts Bonus Round!

What do you guys think of this?

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.
I like this