A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrieverXIII

Senior Member

09-07-2013

People saying Rengar is tanky are making me laugh my ass off.

Ok, complainers, do me a favor and do this little test, Rengar happens to be free this week.

Go in a solo custom game without ANY runes or masteries as Rengar go direct Jungle, then come back and tell me how many packs you could do before having to recall.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justaco

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever1944 View Post
People saying Rengar is tanky are making me laugh my ass off.

Ok, complainers, do me a favor and do this little test, Rengar happens to be free this week.

Go in a solo custom game without ANY runes or masteries as Rengar go direct Jungle, then come back and tell me how many packs you could do before having to recall.
Are you implying i could jungle Naut with no runes, no masteries, no leash, and not only survive the jungle, but still have reasonable clear times. Not saying Rengar is or isn't tanky, but I don't think that this little test of yours would really prove anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thatotherguy6

Senior Member

09-07-2013

I am sure someone has asked already but have you, not specifically you meaning riot as a whole, fixed the Hunt is On quest? Some people still say that Rengar is unable to win it which makes me worry. Seeing as how you are reworking Rengar may as well fix the quest as well. I would give a video or something to show it but i have no knowledge of stuff like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RakshirX

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatotherguy6 View Post
I am sure someone has asked already but have you, not specifically you meaning riot as a whole, fixed the Hunt is On quest? Some people still say that Rengar is unable to win it which makes me worry. Seeing as how you are reworking Rengar may as well fix the quest as well. I would give a video or something to show it but i have no knowledge of stuff like that.
I am unsure if it is broken, but I can say that I killed Kha'zix in 2 matches recently while the quest was active. It didn't update either time, but then we lost a teamfight and he got it... I thought it might have just been an error for me, or I was mistaken, but now that you've mentioned it, it could be true.

p.s to Riot - I love the quest, and I think it's an idea that should be implemented a lot more. Garen vs Darius, Thresh vs Lucian, Nasus vs Renekton -- You have a ton of options here that are story driven, and it adds some diversity and excitement to the gameplay. Even my teammates get excited when "The Hunt is on" quest flashes up, so I urge you to look at this as something to expand on with other champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnargar

Senior Member

09-07-2013

hey can rengar still q towers?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X1zz3l

Member

09-08-2013

I'm sad that the changes preview isn't out yet *sniff*
Was looking forward to it for this weekend...but welp, can't help it, it's done when it's done am i rite


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaco View Post
Are you implying i could jungle Naut with no runes, no masteries, no leash, and not only survive the jungle, but still have reasonable clear times. Not saying Rengar is or isn't tanky, but I don't think that this little test of yours would really prove anything.
It wouldn't, but if Rengar doesn't get a smiteless first buff, he runs the risk of dying to his second buff, and that's WITH flat armor runes.

Either way, he may or may not be able to gank after his first clear. His survivability AND sustain are both pretty poor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostfreak24

Member

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
It wouldn't, but if Rengar doesn't get a smiteless first buff, he runs the risk of dying to his second buff, and that's WITH flat armor runes.

Either way, he may or may not be able to gank after his first clear. His survivability AND sustain are both pretty poor.
Couldn't have put it in better words myself, his jungling is pretty bad in my personal opinion. To the point where if I notice my team does not have a jungler then I will assume the position as Rengar. But you better believe that if I am going out there then I am not going with anything less than a Dorans Blade. It makes jungling for Rengar much easier and gives added sustain with his empowered W. Sure people can say that machete is the better buy, but from my personal testing I don't like it on him. Though of course after I get some gold I go back for some potions and wards and go back to farming until I feel able to help the other lanes. Sure to some it may seem like I'm burning time, but I'd rather burn a few seconds to go back to base to grab what I need rather than lose a one on one fight with elder lizard or the blue golem. Its just not worth it. An personally I want to see someone like Pawnce or Trick2G or someone with credibility in the League community to give me their take on the champion. Not that I don't trust Scharizard, but I take what he says with a grain of salt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

devries5th

Junior Member

09-08-2013

For the Hunt if Rengar wins the hunt, what if when we won the hunt BTN was consumed so that he would never lose the stacks and get all of the bonuses. because as of right now if he wins it doesn't give much to rengar because he is already fed by this point. If he could get another item then the people will still be happy with a full late game build with 6 items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RakshirX

Senior Member

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by devries5th View Post
For the Hunt if Rengar wins the hunt, what if when we won the hunt BTN was consumed so that he would never lose the stacks and get all of the bonuses. because as of right now if he wins it doesn't give much to rengar because he is already fed by this point. If he could get another item then the people will still be happy with a full late game build with 6 items.
I do agree that if you're in a position to win 'the Hunt', there isn't much reward for Rengar. Kha'zix, on the other hand, is rewarded with an ability he can get no other way but by killing Rengar. This is a disparity I'd like to see rectified. Why not have a 'special' bonus for Rengar too, one that he also can get no other way than by winning the quest? Zix gets a full on extra mutation - give Rengar something worthy too, please.