BUG: Unable to select Kassadin during ban stage in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevilsTreasure

09-08-2013

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to put this, if it is not, please move it to the correct location.

1. Queue for a ranked game and get first pick/ban
2. Attempt to look for Kassadin to ban him in the portrait screen
3. Attempt to search for Kassadin in the search filter
4. Ban someone else right before the time because you cannot find Kassadin.
5. Note that you can see Kassadin during the other teams ban phase (He is F2P this week too)
6. Filter the list during the opponents ban phase to show only Kassadin
7. When it became my ban phase 2, the Kassadin portrait disappeared and he was again not on the list.

I'm not sure if this is isolated to ranked or because he is F2P, but I was given the option to ban other F2P champs. he was also available to be picked, but I did not pick him. Any ideas or resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Champions are only able to be banned if the other team owns them. If I recall correctly, free to play champions are not available for use in ranked games. The other team must have owned all the other free to play champions, but not Kassadin.

hinderlopen

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Champions are only able to be banned if the other team owns them.
Where is this mentioned? It's been over a year and this is the first time I've heard about this.

Abandon Mae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
Where is this mentioned? It's been over a year and this is the first time I've heard about this.
It's not mentioned. Just look at the list of champions when you are banning. The whole roster is usually not available.

If the other team did not own Kassadin, this is why he did not show up.

HunterHagen

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
There were no official announcements to this as far as I can remember, but it's been like this for all I can remember.

Mr Confuse

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHagen View Post
There were no official announcements to this as far as I can remember, but it's been like this for all I can remember.
actually there was if I remember correctly, It was in a patch preview video way back when morello and phreak used to do them