My name is Renekton, and I dislike towers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reviken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

bump because this needs to be addressed.

Reviken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

bump

MostlySilent

09-08-2013

Flipped through some previous things I did, found this, it's still an issue.

On-Hits vs Towers and Spells fizzling on death or not are both very full of inconsistencies and it's something I'd like to see worked on a lot.

'Sup ManWolfAxeBoss?

Bloodpaly

09-08-2013

Don't ever watch Rengar dismantle a tower.

MostlySilent

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
Don't ever watch Rengar dismantle a tower.
I'm actually going through a list right now of champion abilities that work vs towers and those that don't, but fit the same criteria as those that do.

Like.

Vi
Wukong
Blitzcrank
Rengar
Xin Zhao
Volibear
EVEN HECARIM'S E

They all work vs towers.

Then you have:

Yorick
Renekton
Vayne

They don't. (They still get the auto reset, but that would've been baffling if they didn't.)

Bloodpaly

09-08-2013

And Rengar gets that super good attack speed steroid from it which turns towers into cheese.

MostlySilent

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
And Rengar gets that super good attack speed steroid from it which turns towers into cheese.
Yup.

If Riot is worried about Renekton killing towers too quickly, what about Rengar?

If this is supposed to be a specific weakness I'm still unhappy because it's a hidden value and hidden values are awful.

Best Furry NA

09-08-2013

Holy necro.

Why no riot?

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

09-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.

Rule 34

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.
But it does.

EDIT: Please don't change it to not deal bonus damage, unless it's the change Darius needs to get dat reset back. TrueDamage pls.