Thresh pull hitbox

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BustyLoliChan

Member

09-07-2013

That thing pisses me off so much...
it's way too big...
it's bigger than blitz's or any other skill shot and it's animation doesn't match it's size

Everytime I'm standing to left or the right of it and it goes by me I get ****ty animation herp derped into the middle of the pull and then sucked into thresh....
it genuinely angers me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loc J Leno

Member

09-07-2013

What is your ping?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BustyLoliChan

Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc J Leno View Post
What is your ping?
That's a good point actually
usually I average about 80-90

but even still most skill shots are dodgeable from where I'm usually standing it's just thresh's that always gets me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samzies

Senior Member

09-07-2013

I've always thought a top priority in MOBAs should make sure every hitbox matches the animation as perfectly as possible. Good players who make an effort to dodge key abilities shouldn't have to dodge the animation, and then also dodge the invisible hitbox that seems different everytime it hits you when it really shouldn't. I've also had hooks/nami ults ect. go straight through me with no effect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BustyLoliChan

Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzies View Post
I've always thought a top priority in MOBAs should make sure every hitbox matches the animation as perfectly as possible. Good players who make an effort to dodge key abilities shouldn't have to dodge the animation, and then also dodge the invisible hitbox that seems different everytime it hits you when it really shouldn't. I've also had hooks/nami ults ect. go straight through me with no effect.
I've often wished riot would enable an option to let players actually view hitboxes, just because a lot of their animations are so inconsistent


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ParaBellam

Senior Member

09-07-2013

It's a relatively large box, however it also works against him. He can't aim in between minions like a skilled Blitzcrank could. And it has a windup and is generally harder to land than Blitzcrank's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BustyLoliChan

Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaBellam View Post
It's a relatively large box, however it also works against him. He can't aim in between minions like a skilled Blitzcrank could. And it has a windup and is generally harder to land than Blitzcrank's.
I probably wouldn't even be that upset about the box as long as it looked like it was going to hit what it was going to...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

09-07-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

I have heard this complaint from several people, though I tend to feel like Thresh's grab generally hits true. I'll take a peak at the missile from different cast positions and see if camera angle is contributing -- there are ways to minimize its impact.

For reference, here are some stats on similar spells:

Death Sentence -- CastTime=0.5 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1900.0000 CastRange=1100
Rocket Grab -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=70.0000 MissileSpeed=1800.0000 CastRange=1050.0000
Bandage Toss -- CastTime=0.433 LineWidth=80.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100.000
Anchor Drag -- CastTime=0.25 LineWidth=90.0000 MissileSpeed=2000.0000 CastRange=1100


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mango027

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Thresh's hook and Naut's Anchor are two of the biggest offenders of hitting when they shouldn't. At least that is how it feels to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustyLoliChan View Post
I've often wished riot would enable an option to let players actually view hitboxes, just because a lot of their animations are so inconsistent
I think thats what they added in the PBE recently