Supported tournaments vs. sanctioned Season One Circuit Tournaments

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

11-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

First, please refer to the tournament organizer's guide for posting an event. It can be found here.

Over the course of Season One, Riot Games will support many local and online events that are well organized and very competitive. For those event organizers the question becomes: "How do I take my tournament to the next level and make it an officially sanctioned Season One tournament?"

There are several traits of highly successful tournaments. These traits need to be represented in any officially sanctioned Season One tournament:

(1) A tournament needs to be as widely accessible as possible. Sanctioned leagues like ESL and CEVO have open registration systems that are easy to use and clearly walk teams through an understanding of how to compete.

In regards to LAN centers, there is a physical barrier that allows everyone who wants to attend these events; however, since League of Legends is an online title, a LAN center operator may consider opening their event to online competition as well.

Offline event organizers that want to maintain the purity and spirit of an offline competition will want to provide players from their region with enough notice for the event (i.e. months) and also provide an incentive for players to travel (i.e. prizes).

(2) There needs to be enough notice, promotion, and coverage of the tournament. The community should be able to get involved in your event through a website and be able to view results.

(3) A tournament needs an adequate amount of staffing to handle it's operations. Never underestimate the work required to run an event. Riot Games is willing support event organizers with Riot Points and other perks as we understand the work all too well.

Successful tournaments never spring up over night. They are the results of many months and often times years of work. No tournament is ever perfect, but a successful event organizer will work to eliminate errors, solve issues as the occur, and always strive to make the next tournament even better.

Gnard Dawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2010

Question: I have a 5 people team, Do they all have to be level 30 in order compete in a tournament? 2 of them just restarted new accounts in order to get a better Win:lose ratio is why i am asking.

Manuki

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard7 View Post
restarted new accounts in order to get a better Win:lose ratio

o0Sir John0o

11-23-2010

sir i just want to ask i have a team and were all (lvl 30 summoner) but were all from japan can we join the tournament coz we really want to join

please reply asap!

Sinku05

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2010

Hey guys sorry if im in the wrong spot for posting. Not to good at this stuff. Anywho i was trying to find out info on official tournaments in Arizona! Is there maybe a website with different sites hosting these events? Please point me in the right direction! Thanks for your time!
Sinku05

Isaiha

12-05-2010

Hey Riot! I'm the leader of a booming league of legends clan called Narcolepsy. I want to get our clan involved in many different ways within the league of legends community and it's tournaments. We have our very own pro 5v5 and 3v3 teams that practice on a regular basis. My vision for the clan is to become involved in some big name tournaments and be active participants in other community events.

I also want to point out that we are hosting our first inner-clan tournament since the clan was created. Our holiday tournament is a 3v3 tournament taking place within our clan. The first prize is 10 dollar riot point cards, and 2nd prize is 5 dollar gift cards (type of gift card has yet to be determined) for each member of the winning teams. This is coming out of my pocket so don't worry bout me asking you to provide gift cards as prizes!

I want to ask you, Riot games, if there is any tournaments we can get involved in, or any tournaments we can setup! I would definitely like to start bringing outside members into our clan tournaments to challenge us. We enjoy it!

My clan is a fun filled, non-dramatic mature group of individuals and our mission is to be successful, but also have fun. I want to refer you to our website on guildlaunch.com/

We are the #1 league of legends clan website on guildlaunch. Here you go:
http://www.narcolepsy.guildlaunch.com/

Enjoy the homepage music!
-Isaiha