These artists doing reworks have apparently way too much power.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitsonkittens

09-06-2013

Then why do you guys say stuff like:

"Karma won't happen again. We'll make sure to maintain the core feel of a champion."

But then you come back with something like this? No communication and just thrusting these changes on Garen players and telling them to deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
We all agreed on the direction.
This is the kind of stuff that irks me. Did everyone agree with the murder of Karma as well?

OmgKragnor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post

But then you come back with something like this? No communication and just thrusting these changes on Garen players and telling them to deal.
all 10 of them?
most of this is just false outrage by people who probably haven't played garen in months

FatedTitan

09-06-2013

Quote:
This is untrue. We reviewed it once if not twice a week for the last month or two. We all agreed on the direction.

This goes for all art content, no one can go rogue and just make some stuff and dump it into the game. It gets reviewed by everyone and we are always up to our eyeballs in feedback.

I have a question then. Has anyone ever come out of nowhere and said "Hey look at this ____ I made. What you think?" and it gotten overwhelming approval?

hichigo

09-06-2013

Quote:
This is untrue. We reviewed it once if not twice a week for the last month or two. We all agreed on the direction.

This goes for all art content, no one can go rogue and just make some stuff and dump it into the game. It gets reviewed by everyone and we are always up to our eyeballs in feedback.
Whatever. He's a **** champ and a visual overhaul won't change that. But thanks for taking his ulti sword away.

While you're at changing iconic things in the game Dudebro... Why not go remove Yi's swordboots?

Turbo Shaft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Quote:

Well the fans without any power have reviewed it now, and we've noticed you took most of garen's key elements out, while completely ruining his feel.

While other choices have been made due to player feedback (rengar's new ultimate is a good example: when stealth was put back in to make rengar feel like rengar again) this hit us by complete surprise, and you're making garen feel less like a DEMACIAn justice bringer, to a refrigerator with a (surprised no one has mentioned this) poorly designed sword as opposed to his current one that we're so used to (mainly because IT. DROPS. FROM. THE. SKY.)

Hopefully you'll listen to us on this one - take another look at it, please.

Baron Bodacious

09-06-2013

Quote:

I'm... I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm DudeBro.

CragBlade

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hichigo View Post
Whatever. He's a **** champ and a visual overhaul won't change that. But thanks for taking his ulti sword away.

While you're at changing iconic things in the game Dudebro... Why not go remove Yi's swordboots?
Wasn't Dudebro one of the main people that advocated for Yi keeping his sword boots?

LichMazter

09-06-2013

Quote:

You do realize that the other guy was being sarcastic.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

09-06-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
I have a question then. Has anyone ever come out of nowhere and said "Hey look at this ____ I made. What you think?" and it gotten overwhelming approval?
very,very,very rare but usually we get drowned in feedback

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

09-06-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichMazter View Post
You do realize that the other guy was being sarcastic.
Well there's a lot of misinformation going around and since I'm a derp I just went ahead and answered it.