These artists doing reworks have apparently way too much power.

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JHVH

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
So... translation: None.

So... your point is... where exactly?

>HE HAD ALL THE POWER!
>But... yeah he had to see if someone else liked it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black
Blow your ****ing brains out because in the post I linked in the OP, if you clicked it, DudeBro says "3. This was my doing. I really wanted Garen to feel hyper-realistic and not video game-y. A medium sized sword that appears out of nowhere and lands above someone's head with sparkles is video game-y( to me). A ray of light in a sword sword that cuts through the stratosphere and creates a shockwave feels like a hyper realistic/modern comic book hero. When I was working on Steel Legion we put the Steel Legion sword in on the ult but we ended moving towards a lightning strike with a sword shape inside. I felt like( as well as many others) it was a great direction for his ult and we applied that vibe to his rework."

Synkronicity

09-06-2013

Quote:
>Artists pitches idea to people
>People agree or disagree

You guys seriously... seriously make me facepalm.
Is there a third option I'm not aware of?

DarksideEric

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVH View Post
edit: from the post I linked in the OP you brainless piece of ****, DudeBro SAYS "3. This was my doing. I really wanted Garen to feel hyper-realistic and not video game-y. A medium sized sword that appears out of nowhere and lands above someone's head with sparkles is video game-y( to me). A ray of light in a sword sword that cuts through the stratosphere and creates a shockwave feels like a hyper realistic/modern comic book hero. When I was working on Steel Legion we put the Steel Legion sword in on the ult but we ended moving towards a lightning strike with a sword shape inside. I felt like( as well as many others) it was a great direction for his ult and we applied that vibe to his rework."
This obviously means he did it with no supervision whatsoever; he just skipped right on by his Art Lead, the Art Director, the Producer and the Project Manager and said:

This is the new Garen, fcking live with it.

yeahokay.gif

Explaining your work because it was your idea... whowouldathought?!

DarksideEric

09-06-2013

Quote:
Blow your ****ing brains out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot...e_kettle_black

JHVH

09-06-2013

Quote:
This obviously means he did it with no supervision whatsoever; he just skipped right on by his Art Lead, the Art Director, the Producer and the Project Manager and said:

yeahokay.gif

I hereby legally threaten your life.

DarksideEric

09-06-2013

Quote:
I hereby legally threaten your life.
I hereby laugh at how pathetic you are over the internet.

Way to go.

The Trooper

09-06-2013

Quote:
I'm sorry, how much experience bleh bleh bleh?

It's not hard to tell when someone is defending the project that they lead or the designs that they were chiefly responsible for even if it goes through someone else, OBVIOUSLY someone else above him said "Oh ok, cool."

You're either an autist or 17 years old.

edit: from the post I linked in the OP you brainless piece of ****, DudeBro SAYS "3. This was my doing. I really wanted Garen to feel hyper-realistic and not video game-y. A medium sized sword that appears out of nowhere and lands above someone's head with sparkles is video game-y( to me). A ray of light in a sword sword that cuts through the stratosphere and creates a shockwave feels like a hyper realistic/modern comic book hero. When I was working on Steel Legion we put the Steel Legion sword in on the ult but we ended moving towards a lightning strike with a sword shape inside. I felt like( as well as many others) it was a great direction for his ult and we applied that vibe to his rework."
... So the guy totally losing his **** about an improved model for a champion in a videogame is calling other people autists and seventeen year olds?

Seems legit.

Raptamei

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerasDominicus View Post
We have a spiky armadillo that says " ok " all the time
Oh you just wait for the Rammus VU. I bet he'll have tons of lines but don't worry, they'll leave one of his lines as "ok".

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

09-06-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:

yeahokay.gif

This is untrue. We reviewed it once if not twice a week for the last month or two. We all agreed on the direction.

This goes for all art content, no one can go rogue and just make some stuff and dump it into the game. It gets reviewed by everyone and we are always up to our eyeballs in feedback.

Shizuha Aki

09-06-2013

OP confirmed for not knowing what a sword looks like. Also this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hichigo View Post
But thanks for taking his ulti sword away.
Name:  GaScl4j2a.jpg
Views: 2863
Size:  71.1 KB

12345678 ... 12