A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
I don't see any reason why it should change from the fully stacked BTN
Because it's not really a buff. Once I get full stacks on Rengar I usually have full stacks for the rest of the game. If you die once. All you need to do is get an assist and you are back.

He doesn't really gain anything from the Hunt is On. While Kha gets a pretty big buff.

He should get a better buff.

Mathemagically

09-05-2013

Why are you hesitant or not considering the removal of attack speed from Q entirely? Rengar always performed more as an AD caster and even more so after the introduction of the Q train. Attack speed only encourages bruiser builds and splitpushing and this is precisely the reason why Rengar was so hard to balance: He had enough tools to perform all of the above very well even if his playstyle of choice are made obsolete. Champions that historically are good at multiple things often led to them being changed until they are terrible at all things as nerfing one aspect abused by one playstyle will always weaken another playstyle indirectly.

What I am trying to say is please pigeon-hole Rengar into one role, there will be less chance of him breaking the game again and lead to him into getting chain nerfed, again.

Nuclear Dragon

09-05-2013

Hello, Scarizard. I'm curious how you feel about his W armor and magic resist not stacking or extending in duration when used in conjunction with W2. Not saying it should, but just to give you some input it does feel weird that the ability encourages the player to be offensive by requiring a hit target but punishes you for using it with W2 by "wasting" some of the total duration. I assume it doesn't stack/extend because you may have to "water down" W/W2 a bit to compensate. I understand that view, but it still feels weird.

The changes overall look good. However, I'm concerned about how his "14 Stacks: Rengar gains % Movement speed for 2.5 seconds upon exiting brush" is supposed to work. Is one supposed to constantly pop in and out of brush in order to maximize travel speed?

RakshirX

09-06-2013

Scarz, seeing how you're into the rework pretty far now, can you give us a fully updated rundown of what we're expecting to see for all skills, with some numbers attached? There's been a lot of changes since your last posting of all his skill changes, and there may be a bit of confusion, so I'd like to see what you've got so far, and I'd also like to share the link to the European side, as that is where I play most of the time (they're lots of Rengar fans over there that are hungry for some news).

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-06-2013
66 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
Scarz, seeing how you're into the rework pretty far now, can you give us a fully updated rundown of what we're expecting to see for all skills, with some numbers attached? There's been a lot of changes since your last posting of all his skill changes, and there may be a bit of confusion, so I'd like to see what you've got so far, and I'd also like to share the link to the European side, as that is where I play most of the time (they're lots of Rengar fans over there that are hungry for some news).
Yeah, i'll do that soon. I just wrote up a big changelist with items and everything internally and am editing it based on changes (Today i buffed Q's cooldown back to 6 at all ranks and gave his bola a 1.0 bonus ad ratio )

Still unlikely to show numbers until he's in a PBE state - while i can always post anecdotes, it's more that i don't want to get people hyped about OH MAN LOOK AT THE COOLDOWNS AND DAMAGES! and then have to take them away at a moment's notice due to some imbalance - in the past, this has led some people to be like 'wtf why didn't you ship -that- version?'

This is also why we don't talk about numbers in our PBE context threads, since a lot of that stuff can and will change up to the night before a patch locks.

I know it's difficult, but i appreciate you guys sticking with it. I sat down with Classick today and talked over the changelist and he thinks it's an overall buff (with obvious nerfs to what we've talked about/deemed abusive) and that the general playerbase should see better results with Rengar across the board.

tl;dr - i'm at home now, but when i get in to the office tomorrow i can update the main post with a skeleton of the one i wrote up earlier today.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends.

DontChangeRengar

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
-Snip-

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends.
And if we stay bloodthirsty will you please make Q a bleed?

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

glad that things are going well

NA Darklarik

09-06-2013

Yo Scarizard, would you address this?

Why exactly did you take away the AD reduction from his W? I was actually much liking THAT over the Defenses stats. Is there any possibility that it will come back? Could you try to make it work? Please?

X1zz3l

09-06-2013

A big thank you from me Scarizard, you made (as it seems) one of the best, most community based and fastest reworks ever and that for my favouite champ!
If Rengar really goes live with Patch 3.13...I'll be so happy <3

And I'm also extremely hyped to try him on PBE, is he close to getting there (aka in the next week(s))
or still a month away if I may ask?

Sincerly X1zz3l

Stentor222

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Scarizard... No stealth on ultimate I think is fine, but am I reading this correctly to assume that you are also removing his hero detection gained from his ultimate? ie. an enemy hero is in a brush in which I have no vision, I (rengar) activate my ultimate, will I be able to see the enemy hero in the brush now provided he within sight range? The stealth part of his old ult was cool, but the best part about it was not that you got to go invisible, but that you actually felt like you were hunting, the warwick-esque feel of being able to see your target no matter what was an amazing gameplay feeling and I hope no mater what happens in his ultimate that at least stays true. Cheers! I like a lot of your ideas so far!

addendum: possible (might've been suggested already somewhere... but I'm too lazy to read all the posts :P )
for BTN: what if it gave you some base ad, and reduced dmg from minions and monsters by a scaling amount? This makes it suitable for both top and jungle. or perhaps some small bonus on minion or monster kill (increasing for champions). perhaps a temporary movespeed buff that decays rapidly?

another idea is to have smite grant a stack if it deals the killing blow to a large monster. this favors jungle over top but its pretty neat for both farm heavy jungle and invade jungle styles.

for ultimate stack on BTN: trophy count cannot drop below 14. each additional trophy gives rengar x AD and perhaps his ultimate resets on hero kill.
or rengar's ferocity spell triggers at 4 ferocity instead of 5. (might be too strong)

just some ideas... didn't mean to splurge this much on this post haha