Let's talk about anything except league!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarIV View Post
Hey Xelnath, out of curiosity, do you watch Saltybet at all? I heard from a certain other Rioter that several people there watch it as well. It's fun to watch, and a decent way to kill boredom.
I saw it once.

Quote:
Career Advice
I'm sure you could do QA work for a lot of places... but its not the job you think it is. If you want to be playing games for a living, you may want to see what the RMT life is like for gold-grinders in MMOs. It's not nice and they live incredibly barebones.

MichaeI Jaxon

09-05-2013

Necromancers definitely need nerfs in WvW duo-roaming, they're too overpowered with the new Dire (Vitality + Toughness + Condition Damage) armor spec. Also nerf Protoss.

Hextech Kyubey

09-05-2013

what is your favorite brand of air freshener?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
7 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Other than League, what games do you play? What genres do you like? Do you own any next gen Consoles?

Do you like Assassins Creed or FPS like Halo? :3
I liked Assassin's Creed, but I dramatically liked: Dishonored, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls (again)

I do have a WiiU, but I use it mostly for Netflix.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5taroth View Post
what is your favorite brand of air freshener?
An open window.

EzChzy

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Other than League, what games do you play? What genres do you like? Do you own any next gen Consoles?

Do you like Assassins Creed or FPS like Halo? :3
Right now all I'm really playing is league and world of tanks, lately I've been playing only MOs. Prepare for wall of text:

Though I have played everything from spades to WoW, elder scrolls, final fantasy series (enjoyed tactics a lot), doom (nostalgia, also made a ton of really good wads and familiar with all its editors), duke, halo, quake, counterstrike, brigandine (points for anyone who even knows what this is), all kinds of old console games with emulators, starcraft, warcraft, the old descent games and freespace, war wind (lol anyone played this), MtG online and cards back in the day, team fortress (classic way > than 2), dwarf fortress, dungeon keeper 2, fallout series, a lot of the sim series incl all the major ones, M.A.X. 1 and 2, all of the mechwarrior series, fallen enchantress, minecraft, kerbal space program, startopia, old as hell b17 bomber and utopia on intellivision, tetris, half life, myth 1 and 2, master of magic, space empires series, galactic civ series, magestorm (anyone remember gamestorm?), air warrior (loved this way back when), tribes and all its different mods (decade old epic game, had an active community even until recently), and on and on...

That's just scratching the surface, I've played pretty much every type and kind of game there is and if I had my money back for all of it I spent on games I could probably go to college and still be rich.

I don't own any consoles, thought my wife owns a wii (played it a handful of times and hasn't touched it lol). I used to play consoles a lot back in the nintendo, sega, ps1 days with the most recent ones being a ps2 and xbox 360, but recently I've only been playing computer games because they are more complex/mods/easy multiplayer etc.

edit: my bad i actually thought that was directed at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanius View Post
Playing video games isn't a job outside of the esports world. Being a QA analyst for a video game is actually very tiring tedious work, it's nothing like what you expect. You play the same thing over and over and over and over, restarting every day. Your job is to find the bugs, document them and provide as much detail as humanly possible.
It's not a skillless job, you have to be very very detail oriented and analytical. You also have to think outside the box, you're not playing the game you're breaking the game, if you don't try to get to someplace that you wouldn't normally think of trying to get to you'll never find the bug that causes the entire server to implode and wipe the database due to a malformed command being processed.

The fact that you don't want to do college because it's a lot of work means you wouldn't even make it through the interview for being in QA. It may sound harsh but it's reality. Everyone and their dog thinks they can do QA because "It's just getting paid to play games", and they flood companies with applications that have to be weeded through to get to the people that really understand and are capable of doing the job.

For Xelnath, what the one thing on your resume that you think makes you stand out from everyone else?
Well I'm not really lazy and I don't mind tedious work, really I just don't have the money for college or the ability to get to one that offers these kind of things. Plus I'm not exactly college age anymore, if there is such a thing.

Oh well, I'm just stuck shoveling **** for the rest of my life...

/sad story

Brennivin

09-05-2013

How do you like your eggs?

Kagami

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Do you have a favorite YT video maker/channel? If so who/which one?
Darn I guess not since no response.

Emerald Owl

09-05-2013

Oh bug guru, do you have anything to say about love?

ThornAlavarn

09-05-2013

Xelnath, I love you for liking Dark Souls. It's SUCH an amazing game, I can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

And what were you thoughts on Dragons Dogma? You said you liked it. I liked it too, although it had a few things that bugged me, but the overall experience was enjoyable. Haven't had a chance to play Dark Arisen though.