3rd-party addons causing bugsplats in patch 3.11

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

absurdmantis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2013

Quote:
How long are you waiting? It could take more than a few minutes if you have a slow internet connection. You need to be patient.
Waited overnight and it now runs fine. Thank you for the help

Michael0107

09-05-2013

Can you please help me It says "the game has crashed" when im in the loading screen right after champslct. here are my logs from today 4/9/13 please help

Magia Azul

09-05-2013

Well. I don't know if anyone has said it already but this patch broke it for me playing on wine. (OpenSuse 12.3 64 bits using playonlinux)

I don't ask for a Linux client, but it would be nice if we didn't have to work every time their is a new patch to make the game work again.

Xialoh

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Yup, this is an issue with some changes we made to how game assets are loaded. Custom game modifications are going to crash/behave strangely until the mod authors make changes.

Could give any insight as to what the mod authors need to change..?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-05-2013
22 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldragon24 View Post
The LoL logo shows up for about a second for me before disappearing... I haven't even had a chance to patch yet. Any help?

I deleted the launcher file like you told someone with the same problem to do and that didn't help.

These constant bugs with patches are really discouraging, but I can understand how hard it is to test every combination of programs and they're compatibility with the patches.

*EDIT* Lowering my screen resolution to the lowest possible allowed me to get past the launcher bug and I am now getting the patch. This same thing happened with the bugged Udyr patch awhile back. I don't know why changing the resolution would help anything but this is the second time it has helped me with bypassing your bugged patches.

The way you solved this is fascinating. Could you please attach the last 5-8 logs from:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Patcher Logs
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\(any .log files in there)

TheUltimate3

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xialoh View Post
Could give any insight as to what the mod authors need to change..?
Curious about this too. JstEvl in another thread attempted to resize and equalize vanilla files with custom ones, and it didn't work. He even tried resaving a vanilla file as a new one and it still broke.

09-05-2013

My friend is also having the bugsplat problem so he just deleted all addons and League. So now he re-installed League and is fine, but he is not using addons any more.

squirreIboy

09-05-2013

I am writing in hope that you can somehow help me. I red through all of the pages of this thread along with various other threads and none of the suggestions seem to help me. I run the game on windows 7 and I tried repair but the repair gives the same errors as the regular patch update and I have also restarted the computer many times so that is not the issue. I also don't have any skins or add ons and have reinstalled the game twice now. Lastly, I also tried deactivating my firewall and antivirus while installing and updating but nothing has worked. The game updates to 99% and gets stuck at the bin 0X000.. file or the VOBank_en_US.fsb file. I am including the error logs so please help!!!

One last thing, 3 of the files under "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Patcher Logs" are too big to attach so attached the only one I could.

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-09-05T02-46-38_launcher.log (55.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: log1 rads_user_kernel.log1 (102.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: log2 rads_user_kernel.log2 (53.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: log3 rads_user_kernel.log3 (14.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: log4 rads_user_kernel.log4 (63.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: log5 rads_user_kernel.log5 (88.3 KB, 18 views)

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
You should run a repair if you haven't already. That will remove the custom skins you added and replace them with the correct ones.
It will also irrecoverably delete all the item sets I have spent a lot of time putting together. GIVE ME A BACKUP UTILITY!

Also I am not using any mods of any kind and I still get the crashes, so this is a proximal, not primary, cause.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-05-2013
23 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirreIboy View Post
I am writing in hope that you can somehow help me. I red through all of the pages of this thread along with various other threads and none of the suggestions seem to help me. I run the game on windows 7 and I tried repair but the repair gives the same errors as the regular patch update and I have also restarted the computer many times so that is not the issue. I also don't have any skins or add ons and have reinstalled the game twice now. Lastly, I also tried deactivating my firewall and antivirus while installing and updating but nothing has worked. The game updates to 99% and gets stuck at the bin 0X000.. file or the VOBank_en_US.fsb file. I am including the error logs so please help!!!

One last thing, 3 of the files under "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Patcher Logs" are too big to attach so attached the only one I could.

How long have you waited at 99%? Some players have reported that it has taken them ~7 hours for it to finish. It might just be a matter of waiting.