Let's talk about anything except league!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loc J Leno

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGenius25 View Post
is it ok to hit a woman if she's attacking you?
Yes, if its with deadly intent.
lol

Euthrosyne

09-05-2013

じゃ、今は京都で英語の先生として就活中だけど、大学でたくさん医学部進学課程のコースを取ったから、将来 はアメリカに帰って医学に申し込むつもりだ。

今は就活はまだ決まっていないけど、もしいい仕事を見つけたら、問題がある。

医学のために新しい生活を入ったのを捨てざるを得ないということでXelnath はこんな場合にはどうする?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
5 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthrosyne View Post
じゃ、今は京都で英語の先生として就活中だけど、大学でたくさん医学部進学課程のコースを取ったから、将来 はアメリカに帰って医学に申し込むつもりだ。

今は就活はまだ決まっていないけど、もしいい仕事を見つけたら、問題がある。

医学のために新しい生活を入ったのを捨てざるを得ないということでXelnath はこんな場合にはどうする?
If being a doctor is important to you, then pursue it. If teaching English abroad is your passion, then do it.

These things aren't exclusive - but your ability to travel, explore and learn do require you to either have a plan or be comfortable without one

ManiacHaywire

09-05-2013

Do you watch Esports besides league?

Obviously, I don't expect your opinion on League Esports as per your thread title.

DarkstarIV

09-05-2013

Hey Xelnath, out of curiosity, do you watch Saltybet at all? I heard from a certain other Rioter that several people there watch it as well. It's fun to watch, and a decent way to kill boredom.

Euthrosyne

09-05-2013

I know they're not exclusive, but there is the impression of a time-crunch when becoming a doctor, given that it'll take anywhere from 4-9 years of one's life to complete before finally getting settled down and in a condition to start a family. At that point, one doesn't want to be too old before seeing one's children grow up and go through adolescence. My own parents had me in their late 30's, and they'll be into old age before I get settled into adulthood and have children of my own, so I have firsthand experience with that sort of situation.

At the same time, language skills deteriorate as one gets old if one can't keep up with it, and if I do choose to become a doctor, I'll probably never have the chance to come back to Japan and teach. (Medicine in Japan is an entirely different topic that I don't really want to touch).

So that's the dilemma I have on my hands. If I want to make both work, I've thought about teaching for only a few years before starting my medical education, but does that really do the former justice?

Perhaps I've missed the forest for the trees. In either situation, if I find something that I love and want to pursue as a vocation, then I should be happy I should be so blessed. If anything, if I want it to happen, I'll make it work, somehow, someway.

EzChzy

09-05-2013

I've wasted my entire life playing video and computer games of all kinds (even the secret of mana which I did also enjoy), I've probably played every decent game worth playing that exists and from the first time I saw a computer when I was a small kid I've been hooked since. College is expensive and doesn't teach much of anything I'd ever use again and it's a lot of work, how can I find a cool job playing games or something for free? I'll do it for cheap!

NA Darklarik

09-05-2013

Other than League, what games do you play? What genres do you like? Do you own any next gen Consoles?

Do you like Assassins Creed or FPS like Halo? :3

Xanius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzChzy View Post
I've wasted my entire life playing video and computer games of all kinds (even the secret of mana which I did also enjoy), I've probably played every decent game worth playing that exists and from the first time I saw a computer when I was a small kid I've been hooked since. College is expensive and doesn't teach much of anything I'd ever use again and it's a lot of work, how can I find a cool job playing games or something for free? I'll do it for cheap!
Playing video games isn't a job outside of the esports world. Being a QA analyst for a video game is actually very tiring tedious work, it's nothing like what you expect. You play the same thing over and over and over and over, restarting every day. Your job is to find the bugs, document them and provide as much detail as humanly possible.
It's not a skillless job, you have to be very very detail oriented and analytical. You also have to think outside the box, you're not playing the game you're breaking the game, if you don't try to get to someplace that you wouldn't normally think of trying to get to you'll never find the bug that causes the entire server to implode and wipe the database due to a malformed command being processed.

The fact that you don't want to do college because it's a lot of work means you wouldn't even make it through the interview for being in QA. It may sound harsh but it's reality. Everyone and their dog thinks they can do QA because "It's just getting paid to play games", and they flood companies with applications that have to be weeded through to get to the people that really understand and are capable of doing the job.

For Xelnath, what the one thing on your resume that you think makes you stand out from everyone else?

Xanius

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc J Leno View Post
lol
That would be if the woman is attacking with deadly intent. Not, it's only okay to hit the woman with deadly intent.