Let's talk about anything except league!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turkeyBACON

09-05-2013

Any suggestions for a good nonobivious/underrated TV series to watch? I prefer drama and/or character driven stories but I'm open to just about anything.

CombatCube

09-05-2013

How did you get to Riot Games, from your education, to your first software job, to today?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyBACON View Post
Any suggestions for a good nonobivious/underrated TV series to watch? I prefer drama and/or character driven stories but I'm open to just about anything.
Alias is a lot of fun! The Pretender was good, but kitschy.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-05-2013
4 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatCube View Post
How did you get to Riot Games, from your education, to your first software job, to today?
Worked at a french video game company from 13-16 as a scripter. Went to college, Wrote WoW Addons, Intern Program Manager at Microsoft, Game Designer at Blizzard for ~6.5 years, came to Riot.

There were more than a few bumps along the way.

Kagami

09-05-2013

Do you have a favorite YT video maker/channel? If so who/which one?

chamdin2

09-05-2013

Do you like potato?

stillnotCampir

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by siIentpartner View Post
Read some other off-topic threads and let me know what you think of the little community here?

A couple of examples to get you started;

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3833433

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3708509
you don't get it

it's only fun for him if he gets to talk about himself

"omg how did u land a job at a gaming company that makes an extremely casual moba can I suck you off"

Ginga

Recruiter

09-05-2013

Xelnath, why aren't actors nowadays anywhere near as awesome as Jackie Chan? Why can't Brad Pitt, Will Smith, or Daniel Craig, or do crazy awesome stunts without relying on stunt doubles like Jackie Chan used to before he went Hollywood?

How come Jackie Chan's movies aren't as good as they used to when he did his own stunts? Will there ever be a new Jackie Chan to replace the current one? Because I'm not seeing it in any actors we have nowadays, Robert Downey Junior clearly wasn't in any of the actions scenes the movies tried to make me think he's in. And Christian Bale clearly didn't get knocked around when fighting Bane like Jackie Chan would have in his own movies...why couldn't Christian Bale do his own stunts and make them incredible like Jackie Chan would have?

Know what would have made After Earth actually good? If Will Smith and Will Smith's Son actually had awesome action scenes and did their own stunts like a certain actor named Chan.

siIentpartner

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillnotCampir View Post
you don't get it

it's only fun for him if he gets to talk about himself

"omg how did u land a job at a gaming company that makes an extremely casual moba can I suck you off"
your never on anymore mang </3

need to chat again for teh lols

-deliberately making the thread about us

stillnotCampir

09-05-2013

dear fanboys I'm a liberal arts student I have a blog ama