3rd-party addons causing bugsplats in patch 3.11

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HigeR

09-04-2013

Dannamoth, may I ask you what's the total estimated size for the patch? so far I've downloaded around 50Mb that the patcher actually told me about... and have been sitting for around 45 minutes waiting for it to finish going out of 99%... I think that knowing the size will at least allow me to just go to sleep and leave my pc all night long with the patcher on...

oh yeah, my internet is pretty slow... I can't have skype and play league of legends at the same time... so.. yeah.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
21 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigeR View Post
Dannamoth, may I ask you what's the total estimated size for the patch? so far I've downloaded around 50Mb that the patcher actually told me about... and have been sitting for around 45 minutes waiting for it to finish going out of 99%... I think that knowing the size will at least allow me to just go to sleep and leave my pc all night long with the patcher on...

oh yeah, my internet is pretty slow... I can't have skype and play league of legends at the same time... so.. yeah.
I'm not sure what exact file size is because it seems to vary from player to player. I suggest finding another activity while it updates because you have a very slow connection.

HigeR

09-04-2013

So... if we all are downloading the same patch for the same archives on our pcs... how come we download different sized files or several different files? x_x not to be picky but that doesn't makes much sense =/ it's not like I've messed with what's inside the Riot games file or anything ._.

anyway... I'll head to bed then =/ thanks for answering

metaldragon24

09-04-2013

The LoL logo shows up for about a second for me before disappearing... I haven't even had a chance to patch yet. Any help?

I deleted the launcher file like you told someone with the same problem to do and that didn't help.

These constant bugs with patches are really discouraging, but I can understand how hard it is to test every combination of programs and they're compatibility with the patches.

*EDIT* Lowering my screen resolution to the lowest possible allowed me to get past the launcher bug and I am now getting the patch. This same thing happened with the bugged Udyr patch awhile back. I don't know why changing the resolution would help anything but this is the second time it has helped me with bypassing your bugged patches.

Mischka

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catuse View Post
Welp, after several repairs failed I did that and now my game won't start. Not using any mod -- I was on Skype, though, and I AM using PlayOnLinux since I no longer have access to a Windows computer, but I have been since 3.7 and it's never caused any bugsplats. The Wine initalizer starts.

Thank god it wasn't ranked, though the guy I was premade with said the other players are all reporting me anyways. Oh well, **** happens.

Anyhow, here's the logs you requested:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. You are in fact using an addon to make the game run though, it's the one that modifies the images of all the items in the in-game shop to non-mipmapped versions. Worst case scenario, the game will crash when you try to open the in-game item shop if you don't have that addon/patch enabled. Best case, you might just have to read the item names since all their icons will just be red squares. I'm reinstalling now and I really hope it's the latter, but I don't have much hope.

Especially since the developer that created the tool that changes those textures hasn't touched it in almost a year now. I guess I'll have to learn python pretty soon. That is, if this update didn't just completely break it forever.

Mecha KhaZix

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Yup, this is an issue with some changes we made to how game assets are loaded. Custom game modifications are going to crash/behave strangely until the mod authors make changes.
What changes are necessary to restore the functionality of custom skins?

No name just me

09-05-2013

3.10*

Nurikee

09-05-2013

After the patch 3.11 I have blue squares on loading screen and in game on the mini map for player some icons. I'm almost 100% sure its because of the chinese art I have installed that has worked just fine for almost 2 years now. I don't want to re-install or use the repair tool out of fear of losing the art because your art is so damn awful. Why don't you just use their art... (TARIC.. need I say more?)

TheUltimate3

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurikee View Post
After the patch 3.11 I have blue squares on loading screen and in game on the mini map for player some icons. I'm almost 100% sure its because of the chinese art I have installed that has worked just fine for almost 2 years now. I don't want to re-install or use the repair tool out of fear of losing the art because your art is so damn awful. Why don't you just use their art... (TARIC.. need I say more?)
Ignoring the tone, the chinese art (at least as far as I've gathered from this post) won't work until someone does something to the way the art is all formatted. So unless someone can go through the task of fixing all the art themselves and what not, the vanilla art it is.

F03

09-05-2013

smh i thought i was making a new thread