@Riot halp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

09-04-2013

Was sitting about 10 minutes when I noticed it going again, did it twice now, it seems to like 99% a lot though. Also wow wasn't expecting a red, was just venting really, been through this so many times. But yeah did it twice then just gets stuck at 99%.

My comment about having a tech section stands though.

Lord0fLordz

09-04-2013

Good thing we have a Red.. Been trying to have someone give a direct answer and nobody seems to be able to.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord0fLordz View Post
Long enough for me was 3 hours. And my connection is fine enough already been at it 3x and still gets stuck on bin 0_0x0000 thing :/
If you open resource monitor you can see what your network connection is doing. You should open up the patcher and then open up the resource monitor to check your network traffic.

start menu -> "search programs and files" -> type "Resource Monitor" into that box then open it -> click on the "network" tab

From that point you will be able to see that the patcher is still downloading updates based on your disk usage and network usage.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2013

To be fair, I always get "stuck" at 99%, and then just go do something else while my patcher figures itself out. When you guys interrupt the process, it probably just makes it worse, and take even longer.

For me, it took 10~30 minutes to patch. (After about 10 minutes I stopped checking, and came back after my animu was over.)
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  254.8 KB

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Was sitting about 10 minutes when I noticed it going again, did it twice now, it seems to like 99% a lot though. Also wow wasn't expecting a red, was just venting really, been through this so many times. But yeah did it twice then just gets stuck at 99%.

My comment about having a tech section stands though.

Give it a good 30+ minutes.

Aametherar

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If you open resource monitor you can see what your network connection is doing. You should open up the patcher and then open up the resource monitor to check your network traffic.

start menu -> "search programs and files" -> type "Resource Monitor" into that box then open it -> click on the "network" tab

From that point you will be able to see that the patcher is still downloading updates based on your disk usage and network usage.
That's the first thing I did, it wasn't utilizing it before but is now, I'll wait. Also ty, I'm really surprised you responded with my asinine attitude.

LichMazter

09-04-2013

Interesting... my laptop just did the entire patch in 5 mins.

Aametherar

09-04-2013

Well it finished this time, thank you Dannamoth and sorry for the attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichMazter View Post
Interesting... my laptop just did the entire patch in 5 mins.
Yeah that's the thing, it does that on some patches bam no problem on 1 computer but the other goes through hell and every trick in the book to get it, honestly makes no sense.

Anyways all that and I can't even play ranked to go for gold right now because I clearly have an attitude issue atm, guess I'll have to ARAM.

HigeR

09-04-2013

Dannamoth, may I ask you what's the total estimated size for the patch? so far I've downloaded around 50Mb that the patcher actually told me about... and have been sitting for around 45 minutes waiting for it to finish going out of 99%... I think that knowing the size will at least allow me to just go to sleep and leave my pc all night long with the patcher on...

edit: oh yeah, my internet is pretty slow... I can't have skype and play league of legends at the same time... so.. yeah.

Lord0fLordz

09-04-2013

I swear Dannamoth you are god like... After talking to you patch took 2min.. I am in love with you!

- NO ****