3rd-party addons causing bugsplats in patch 3.11

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
12 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Male View Post
Sigh.. 3rd time posting here and I've posted like 10 threads on the forums and no response.. I don't use any mods or addons and I've already did tried the repair and nothing worked.. I've been waiting for someone to help me since this error first started some 12-13 hours ago.. PLEASE HELP
You can't be vague if you want help. Logs files (which I have several posts specifying which ones) and a detailed description of what is happening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dj HardStyle

Junior Member

09-04-2013

When I launch LoL client I get 3 or 4 LoL processes runin at the same time, something like user kernel, lol launcher, lol client and others but with *32 to them. When I would check one of the logs I would get packet overflow, during regular matches I would get no animations on various textures such as summoner spells, some champ spells and some animations on the remaining CD when I cast a spell. This went complete ham just before that Lucian came out.
thnks for reading and hope I could enjoy the game as it was before all fancy updates.
Want to use my RP but don't want to waste the time on glitch games.

Dj HardWell


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
13 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj HardStyle View Post
When I launch LoL client I get 3 or 4 LoL processes runin at the same time, something like user kernel, lol launcher, lol client and others but with *32 to them. When I would check one of the logs I would get packet overflow, during regular matches I would get no animations on various textures such as summoner spells, some champ spells and some animations on the remaining CD when I cast a spell. This went complete ham just before that Lucian came out.
thnks for reading and hope I could enjoy the game as it was before all fancy updates.
Want to use my RP but don't want to waste the time on glitch games.

Dj HardWell

Those processes showing up isn't abnormal. Have you run a repair on your installation since you've been having issues? You can find than in the patcher under the gear in the top right corner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rozn02

Junior Member

09-04-2013

Question: I just had a ranked game where a teammate was not able to stay in the game for more than a minute. He said he was getting bug splats. He was disconnecting too often to count. We lost the game. Is there any way for riot to take a look at the game and make it loss prevention?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That One Male

Member

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
You can't be vague if you want help. Logs files (which I have several posts specifying which ones) and a detailed description of what is happening.
Okay, the patch has downloaded and I can get into the game. But when I try to play any game rather it be with bots/players/etc.. I get the error saying the game has crashed please try to reconnect and it just repeats it's self.

Are these the ones you're talking about?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
14 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Male View Post
Okay, the patch has downloaded and I can get into the game. But when I try to play any game rather it be with bots/players/etc.. I get the error saying the game has crashed please try to reconnect and it just repeats it's self.

Are these the ones you're talking about?
To clarify:

Are you making it in game before you crash (being able to move your champion around)?
or
Are you crashing while the game is loading?

Do you have any custom skins/maps/fonts installed?

Can you attach your game logs from C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Game - R3d Logs\

You can sort them by most recently created and attach the last few.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That One Male

Member

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
To clarify:

Are you making it in game before you crash (being able to move your champion around)?
or
Are you crashing while the game is loading?

Do you have any custom skins/maps/fonts installed?

Can you attach your game logs from C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Game - R3d Logs\

You can sort them by most recently created and attach the last few.
Right when the loading screen starts, I don't get to see the champion's portraits it crashes before those can load. I don't have any custom skins/maps/fonts installed, and these?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
15 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Male View Post
Right when the loading screen starts, I don't get to see the champion's portraits it crashes before those can load. I don't have any custom skins/maps/fonts installed, and these?
Those logs are from August 16.

Make sure to check the date/time stamps on the file name. You're looking for a file from 9/4/2013


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That One Male

Member

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Those logs are from August 16.

Make sure to check the date/time stamps on the file name. You're looking for a file from 9/4/2013
Yeah, I just realized that. I just edited the post with the most recent ones.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dl2agon

Senior Member

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Some third-party addons are causing technical difficulties and bugsplats(game crashes) with patch 3.11, the latest League of Legends release. If you find you’re experiencing more bugsplats than usual, try uninstalling your addons and running a repair from the settings dropdown of your League of Legends patcher.

Just to clarify, we still love our modding community and we’re not out to disrupt any mod projects out there (except those run by nefarious, dirty hackers). We’ve reached out to some of the more popular mod devs out there, and we’ll be working to prevent hiccups or snafus like this one from cropping up in the future.

Sorry your stuff broke, summoners!
I dont understand why this matters. Every Time wow got a major updown basically every addon stopped working properly and caused bugs and crashes for people who kept them running till the modder updated them. It generally part of the job for a person who makes addons to have to update content frequently. The issues where you dont have any addons and are crashing is the major issue. Maybe it is just because i played WoW but it is natural after major updates to have to wait for updates before your addons work properly.