3rd-party addons causing bugsplats in patch 3.11

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
9 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurdmantis View Post
Still not getting past the logo on the screen, behind the logo goes black, then white, then the error message saying pvp.net kernel is not responding
How long are you waiting? It could take more than a few minutes if you have a slow internet connection. You need to be patient.

Kamila

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Catz View Post
my patcher gets stuck on VOBank_en_US.fsb

then it stops and says "update failed"
pls.

Catuse

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Try deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

That will force your computer to update the patcher. The League of Legends logo will sit on your screen while it updates.
Welp, after several repairs failed I did that and now my game won't start. Not using any mod -- I was on Skype, though, and I AM using PlayOnLinux since I no longer have access to a Windows computer, but I have been since 3.7 and it's never caused any bugsplats. The Wine initalizer starts.

Thank god it wasn't ranked, though the guy I was premade with said the other players are all reporting me anyways. Oh well, **** happens.

Anyhow, here's the logs you requested:

Attached Files
File Type: log rads_user_kernel.log (5.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: log rads_lol_launcher.log (17.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: log1 rads_user_kernel.log1 (6.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: log2 rads_user_kernel.log2 (5.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: log3 rads_user_kernel.log3 (5.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: log4 rads_user_kernel.log4 (5.9 KB, 24 views)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

09-04-2013
10 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catuse View Post
Welp, after several repairs failed I did that and now my game won't start. Not using any mod -- I was on Skype, though, and I AM using PlayOnLinux since I no longer have access to a Windows computer, but I have been since 3.7 and it's never caused any bugsplats. The Wine initalizer starts.

Thank god it wasn't ranked, though the guy I was premade with said the other players are all reporting me anyways. Oh well, **** happens.

Anyhow, here's the logs you requested:
We currently don't support Linux as an OS. I'm not really sure if I can help you :\ You're going to be assuming the risk that the game won't work when using tools that Riot doesn't officially support.

Zorl1865

09-04-2013

I can't get the the Patcher. Does anyone know why?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

09-04-2013
11 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Catz View Post
pls.
You will need to upload the log files that I've requested from other people before I can help you.

you can find them in:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Patcher Logs\
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\rads_user_kernel.log

Top PIz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2013

Bump

TheUltimate3

09-04-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post41270621

This may be relevant to some of the problems going on.

To summarize, if you change files, the new file has to be exactly the same size as the old file (I think) or else needing to go through some minimap config.

Catuse

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
We currently don't support Linux as an OS. I'm not really sure if I can help you :\ You're going to be assuming the risk that the game won't work when using tools that Riot doesn't officially support.
I know, just throwing that out there in case somebody else in the same situation has some ideas. :/ Thanks anyways though.

That One Male

09-04-2013

Sigh.. 3rd time posting here and I've posted like 10 threads on the forums and no response.. I don't use any mods or addons and I've already did tried the repair and nothing worked.. I've been waiting for someone to help me since this error first started some 12-13 hours ago.. PLEASE HELP