3rd-party addons causing bugsplats in patch 3.11

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XiCynx

Recruiter

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Some third-party addons are causing technical difficulties and bugsplats(game crashes) with patch 3.11, the latest League of Legends release. If you find you’re experiencing more bugsplats than usual, try uninstalling your addons and running a repair from the settings dropdown of your League of Legends patcher.

Just to clarify, we still love our modding community and we’re not out to disrupt any mod projects out there (except those run by nefarious, dirty hackers). We’ve reached out to some of the more popular mod devs out there, and we’ll be working to prevent hiccups or snafus like this one from cropping up in the future.

Sorry your stuff broke, summoners!
You should definitely be in contact with this guy as he has one of the most popular UI Skins being used right now. He is not sure what is causing the bugsplat errors but you may be able to get some needed input from him as well.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Alm1ghty-UI-349595779


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banana B1ast

Senior Member

09-04-2013

A problem i am having is the LolClient is getting stuck at 99% for longer than an hour i rebooted it and the same thing happened i dont know what to do...

Edit: The top part says Applying Patches and the bottom says BIN 0x00000000


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GetzJiggy

Member

09-04-2013

I dont have any mods... nor have i ever for the this game
Ever since this patch, i havent been able to log in...
I have tried running the repair 3 times now... no luck!
My logs are attached.
I have posted in the Help & Support forums, and the technical support forum... no response as of yet
Please respond to this if you can with any sort of update or helpful information you can provide!

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-09-04T21-21-32_launcher.log (32.6 KB, 69 views)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leviathan000

Senior Member

09-04-2013

Why do you people upvote the original post? What is there to agree with? The dude is telling you how to fix a problem, not giving an opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aKa Bad BoY

Senior Member

09-04-2013

What about Skype? does it cause the bugsplat and crashing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daedälus

Senior Member

09-04-2013

Could you perhaps explain why some of the newer skins have been using two files for the skin textures i wanted to make a recolor for arcade hecarim but unfortunately you cant do that due to the skin having 2 odd alpha'd texture files. Any idea what this is about? is this going to be a regular thing for new skins?

Edit: no comment then Dannamoth? :*(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bronze Dagger

Senior Member

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana B1ast View Post
A problem i am having is the LolClient is getting stuck at 99% for longer than an hour i rebooted it and the same thing happened i dont know what to do...

Edit: The top part says Applying Patches and the bottom says BIN 0x00000000
I am having this same problem except after it got to 99% and i waited about an hour i exited out and reopened league and now the download restarts at step 2 telling me it will take two and a half hours and is moving very slowly... Any suggestions? Would repairing help?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alcowpwn

Senior Member

09-04-2013

I got stuck at 99% for a long time so i quit and reloaded launcher only to be at 35% and still have 350mb left to download. Everything seems to be working well but still get the normal bugsplats when I alt tab to the game client when I'm in a game (dont know why this causes issues)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
4 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetzJiggy View Post
I dont have any mods... nor have i ever for the this game
Ever since this patch, i havent been able to log in...
I have tried running the repair 3 times now... no luck!
My logs are attached.
I have posted in the Help & Support forums, and the technical support forum... no response as of yet
Please respond to this if you can with any sort of update or helpful information you can provide!
You should restart your computer and then run the launcher. That should resolve the issue you're seeing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-04-2013
5 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Dagger View Post
I am having this same problem except after it got to 99% and i waited about an hour i exited out and reopened league and now the download restarts at step 2 telling me it will take two and a half hours and is moving very slowly... Any suggestions? Would repairing help?
Do you happen to have a slower internet connection? It sounds like the patcher is taking a long time to download and apply files to your installation. You should let the launcher sit and update, the progress bar isn't very accurate right now.

If you open resource monitor on your computer and look at network traffic you can see it working.

windows key -> type "resource monitor" into the run box -> open the program -> click on the network tab


123456 ... 12