Let's talk about Yorick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LichMazter

09-03-2013

Yeah, what happened to this thread?

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2013

time to necro for my favorite champ

Splinter180

09-04-2013

Not sure if this is the right place but if I were to rework Yorick this is how I would do it

ThE COVENANT passive.
Yorick is surrounded by four ghouls, these ghouls each have different properties with their own distinct cool downs. Each takes twice the dmg what the Revenant takes however they have twice his health.
Each can however right click attack in addition to their abilities.
1st GHOUL. PESTILENCE - ALT RIGHT CLICK + Q = Fears the target
2nd GHOUL WAR - ALT RIGHT CLICK + W Violently explodes + doing ?? AD DMG (long cool down)
3rd GHOUL - FAMINE -
PASSIVE - FEED ME
Any attacks made by yorick with famine active grant ??% spellvamp.
4th Ghoul - Death - ALT RIGHT CLICK + W = - Marked for death meaning they will lose a small percentage of their max HP based on level.

Q. DIRT IN YOUR EYE
Yorick deals +AD physical damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy champions struck are marked for 5 seconds. Yorick's next attack against a marked target will restore +AP health

W. DIGGIN IT
Yorick will become untargetable in the soil for ?? seconds.

E. LANTERNS LIGHT

Yorick reveals the target area and commands his ghouls to move to that location, dealing +AD physical damage to enemies they pass through en route.

R. THE HORSEMEN RIDE
Yorick instantly revives all his ghouls. The cooldown of THE HORSEMEN RIDE is reduced for each ghoul that was alive on-cast.
ACTIVE - ENEMY CAST - The soul of the enemy is deemed unclean and returned to the soil for ?? AP+ DMG.
(A fancy way of saying, a lot of AP+ damage)

Active - Ally Cast: Yorick's ghouls protect the target ally, redirecting 20% of all damage taken to themselves and granting the target the ghoul's passive effects for 20 seconds.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-04-2013
122 of 123 Riot Posts

No updates. Yorick is in the Attic while Season 4 development happens.

Zerglinator

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Why would you keep him there? You can't dig graves in an attic! Put him in the cellar or something!

CynicalGiant

09-04-2013

Quote:
Wouldnt it make more sense for him to be in the basement?

Zararthur

09-04-2013

Quote:
Ghouls! Ghouls! Ghouls! ... In the Attic!!
Ghouls! Ghouls! Ghouls! ... In the Attic!!

... sorry, i just HAD to do this.

DemiGuardian

09-04-2013

Quote:
ty for the update. Glad to hear all progress and ideas your team has once season 4 has commenced (dont wanna feel outta the loop)^^

AcuteCirrhosis

09-12-2013

After reading the entirety of this thread, still unsure why Yorick's kit demands a rework. The idea that he is uncounterable is too ludicrous to bear retelling. The "brick wall in lane" statement falls into the category of "[Runic Bulwark] was never a trade-off; it was always a must buy." I play Yorick a lot. I play against him a lot as well. Just today I played against Yorick AS Yorick! Neither side of the lane seems somehow anti-fun or completely unfair. I like him just as he is. The champion mechanic works. Leave it alone. Why don't you, o! Riot employee, take your creative efforts and direct them some place useful, like making Urgot a fun champion again. God knows, he needs it after what was done to him. He is currently the least picked champion in both ranked and normal games, according to lolking. Fix that! Give Poppy's E a damage buff. Make her ultimate grant CC reduction, so she's not an empty slot in team rosters late-game. There are champions that need your attention MUCH more than Yorick, and frankly your reworks seem to ruin a fun and interesting champion. You could always just make a new champ with the abilities you plan, because it is no longer Yorick. Or at least offer RP/IP refund after you wreck a good champ.

On the more specific side of things, parts of the rework make him seem too much like Elise, but without the cool Spider Form thing. The uniqueness of his kit is lost in favour of the "spiderling: concept, all the way up to the exploding ghoul. Additionally, if the goal is to have a commander of the dead who has zombies do the heavy lifting for him, why make him reliant on melee? In the current iteration of Yorick, given no real escape mechanism and low speed, Yorick only enters melee combat once the dead did half the work for him. That's already in the spirit of the core concept y'all seem to be shooting for.

Finally, if you really wish to do these things to poor Yorick, could you at least keep the ability names intact? The Four Horsemen feel is clever, and worth preserving as a fond memory of what he once was.

Samir Lugel

09-16-2013

Yorick Players:
What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
I like the summoner type Characters, I like Yorick lore.
I like his summoner profile, dont ruin it please!

What are the high moments of Yorick?

Revieve and achive a double kill or more ... thats just insane

What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?

ULTI gets wasted most of the time.

So I LOVE and HATE HIS ulti at the same time.
the rest is ok to me in terms of gameplay.