What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinjusuke

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawanga View Post
Hi Xelnath!

I was wondering, what did you major in when you went to college? Was it easy for you to figure out you wanted to work at a place like Riot? And how did you figure it out? As an undergrad, I'm really unsure about my future in terms of my career ._.

More game-related, as a Darius main, I was wondering what Riot's view on Darius is now. I personally feel that his ultimate nerf did the exact opposite of what was intended. It toned down his lane bullying mildly, but it hurt his team fighting more so, which was already quite weak, especially come late game. If anything were to be changed, I honestly think the ult should come back to the way it was or something like giving it complete reset at level 16. That or change his bleed to physical damage.

Anyway, have a good night. I'm off to bed and hopefully I see a response tomorrow :O
Cuz his bleed isn't already an absurd amount of free damage early on.

Azazel XIII

09-03-2013

xelnath i cant believe you said yu dont like pocari sweat
that stuff is amazing

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
33 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
I remember now. So this is way more powerful than I thought initially. I used a similar version by you against the current iteration of Akali. I guess I simply need to answer these questions with greater care.
Thanks, this is really helpful!
Once you get good at using that test, ask those questions from three perspectives:

1) Ability's user
2) Ability's victim
3) Ability's user and victim's teammates

Jawanga

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjusuke View Post
Cuz his bleed isn't already an absurd amount of free damage early on.
Sorry, please don't talk about the champion if you don't understand the kit fully.

His bleed already scales off AD, but does magic damage. It makes it much easier to itemize against Darius if his bleed did physical damage.

Selomorbos

09-03-2013

Hi Xelnath i have a question on a thread i made a while ago, would you be able to answer it! <3
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...hlight=morello

I dont know if a simple example would help. But i know in warcraft 3 you could queue commands on your champion. Like I could Grab my hero, Press C for carrion swarm hold Shift and right click on their hero. So my Dreadlord would cast Carrion swarm then Immediately Attempt to attack the target after he cast his spell. I think a queue system like that would be great in league, or perhaps since we are only controling 1 unit instead of an army you guys could do something better.

Najaina

09-03-2013

Since you are still here I guess, why do you believe Riot likes to balance in the way where they nerf champions to balance instead of buff weaker ones?

Angi is the best

09-03-2013

I feel like assassins are becoming the new meta and are outshining typical mages in mid lane nowadays. Eg. Ahri, Fizz, Zed. Riot, pls.

Shinjusuke

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawanga View Post
Sorry, please don't talk about the champion if you don't understand the kit fully.

His bleed already scales off AD, but does magic damage. It makes it much easier to itemize against Darius if his bleed did physical damage.

I DO understand his kit fully. It makes his lategame easier for HIM to build for while allowing his runes to have more of an early game effect if you bring any armor pen, not to mention his E gives him armor pen for free.

Thanks for the presumption, it's cute.

Jungul

09-03-2013

Info on when heimer rework will happen?

Prince Zephyr

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Oh, well here's an awesome answer for you. One of the upcoming champions was originally named Velnath, as a kind of friendly "welcome to the team!" sort of thing (Riot Creative designers are awesome like that). But that sounds way too much like Xerath, so his name got changed.

I hope you enjoy the champion if/when he comes out

That's it. I'm out! G'night all.
I didn't expect such a post of mine to give way to a soft reveal. o_O
It's just a name but still, awesum!

Thanks Xelnath, do take care and have a nice rest!