What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynth

09-03-2013

So Xel(can I call you that?), I see a thread in GD right now with someone asking to be let into a gold team so he can get rewards for S3. Is that allowed or does it fall under being boosted to a higher rank and earn you a punishment? I'm a little confused on that.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
30 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Zephyr View Post
Hi Xelnath,

I tried hard to think of a question but none pops out.

Regards,
Prince Zephyr
Oh, well here's an awesome answer for you. One of the upcoming champions was originally named Velnath, as a kind of friendly "welcome to the team!" sort of thing (Riot Creative designers are awesome like that). But that sounds way too much like Xerath, so his name got changed.

I hope you enjoy the champion if/when he comes out

That's it. I'm out! G'night all.

Sayath

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
If you talked to Statikk already, you'd get nothing out of a conversation with me. He's the patch mastaa.
Actually, there is something you can help me with.

How do you iterate on an ability? Let's say you have a basic direction that is looking good. How do you keep it going till it becomes the finished product? What steps do you go through? Honestly, this has been really bothering me.
Statikk and I found a basic solution. However, I don't really know how to move forward systematically.

JLR

09-03-2013

Dear Xelnath,

Would you ever consider streaming? (I'd watch!)
When you play League at work do you focus on playing to win or playing to test different champions for research purposes?
College/Career question: I am currently in my final semester of my 4 year Psychology degree and currently undecided on whether to pursue a Graduate school degree at this point or not. My initial thoughts are that I want to graduate with my 4 year degree and then be able to join the Riot staff as either a People Operations member, Community relations member, or a Public Relations member. Regardless of the position, I'd be pretty successful at anything that deals with people I feel. The only things I need to work on are my skills in programs like Excel which I don't get alot of practice with in my major.
Riot question: Does Riot have a program in place to sponsor people to go back to school and finish their degrees? Also, how many internship opportunities are there available in the fields I discussed above (if that's something you'd even be able to gauge for me).

Sincerely,
JLR

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Last question before I give up on love.
Mordekaiser. One dimensional champion based around the gimmick of killing the ADC to kill everything else. What would you do in order to eliminate this gimmick to make him more of a champion and less of a meme?
LOL, forunately they made the 2 recent Shadow Isles champions with a ridic amount of utility to compensate for his utility starvation XD

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
31 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cPkAoTiC View Post
Well Xelnath, it's pretty awesome that you're here answering questions and that you're even willing to help Watermaester even.

Here's the real question though, what are your thoughts on Native Americans and what do you know? (I'm from BC Canada and we got it tough up here per say...according to even our laws the Natives up here aren't even considered people. So it's a weird and a lot of what's happened in the past is starting to finally catch up with the Canadian Govt.. Aka their skeletons in the closets are starting to fall out.)

If you can answer that, it'd be awesome. Plus if you ever want to look at some cool stuff and have a good read and what not, I encourage you to check out some stuff on the "Nuu-chah-nulth" peoples or else even my tribe, "Tseshaht" and lets see if you can say that word

http://www.archive.org/stream/indian...ge/n3/mode/2up

That books pretty interesting and even gives some good old tales from my people

-cPKaotic
I just saved this to my desktop. Thanks for the book, I used to read tons of these when I was a kid.

xProR2D2x

09-03-2013

hi mom?

Shinjusuke

09-03-2013

Xelnath, since you're willing to answer questions and there've been several regarding champion states..

What's the deal with AP Ezreal now? Frankly, everything ABOUT him, lore-wise, skill-wise, etc etc, says he should be a viable choice whether you want to play him as a burstmage or an ADC (hell, even his tips section says this outright), yet after he was hit with several nerfs after S2 cuz everyone freaked out about him, he was just left there. We AP Ez players even got told "We know we messed him up, we'll check out AP Ez later" and that apparently never happened..

Can we at LEAST change his ult so that it only drops 5% it's damage for hitting minions, and 10% for champions? Or something? W is a now near-pointless skill as everything it was good for has been removed except for a slow-missle-speed nuke as AP, or a pointless way to get a passive stack as AD, and his ult now does negligible damage unless you're staring your target in the face, and sniping someone from bot lane to top lane now means they'll get away with 20hp and you feel frustrated rather than awesome for landing a great global skillshot.

Just wondering if you can get someone ACTUALLY looking at this, seeing as those of us waiting for that promised "assessment" have waited an entire SEASON for something and are getting ignored...

Apologies if I sound accusatory, I don't mean to, I'm just tired of the issue getting shoved under the rug.

Elewd

09-03-2013

goodnight xelnath

hope all your projects go well.

VoidInsanity

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
LOL, forunately they made the 2 recent Shadow Isles champions with a ridic amount of utility to compensate for his utility starvation XD
Its not that his lack of utility is an issue, its that his damage is only unlocked IF he kills a certain champion and only IF. Apply this to another champion, lets say Darius ultimate now does 1/2th its current damage but every time he resets it doubles in power. Thats what Mordes ulti is like, utterly worthless until you kill something first.