What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Yeah, sorry, he's basically on ice right now while we sort out Season 4. Turns out there was a lot of work that had to be handled, so I haven't done any iteration since the first pass. I liked the idea, but there was a lot of work remaining to be done
That's quite alright, it makes me excited knowing that Season 4 will need so much work as that can only mean it'll be that much more awesome.

Another question, was the thread about the red herring tower effects enlightening at all?

Free Week Ahri

09-03-2013

Quote:
I had fun in Pandaria questing. I had less fun raiding. That had less to do with Blizzard and more to do with the people I had chosen to raid with.

While I can try to hold Blizzard accountable for guild issues, it's just not reasonable or useful. I got far more fun out of it than anyone can expect from 9 years of playing the same game.
I was leaning more towards game design choices. Like how the game has gone from a hardcore game (Vanilla/BC) to a casual game (Cata/Pandaria).

Prince Zephyr

09-03-2013

Hi Xelnath,

I tried hard to think of a question but none pops out.

Regards,
Prince Zephyr

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
27 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto Nash View Post
What do you think of Morris Brown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBonZIFobwY
What... what is this? He's funny. Too much percussion for my tastes.

Memphis Grizzly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Do you think there will be a day when riot removes crit chance and just makes it a % increased damage modifier? I wouldn't like it, but riot seems to be trying so hard to get rid of every last RNG-based stat in the game, and this appears to be one of if not the only thing remaining. I do understand how the pseudorandom effect works for preventing long chains of good/bad luck, but even the potential still lies for fights to be lost based on luck, not to mention "abuse" of that mechanic. I know this isn't exactly your field, but I'd just like to hear your take on it.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
28 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
Dear Xelnath,
can I privately talk to you about Akali? To be more specific, I would like your opinion as a designer about some ability changes. I've been talking to Statikk a lot and I'd like a second point of view.
So if you got the time, please add me on NA. I'll keep myself to the point.

For public reference (outdated): http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3485169
If you talked to Statikk already, you'd get nothing out of a conversation with me. He's the patch mastaa.

Elewd

09-03-2013

What character archetype would you like to see represented next?

cPkAoTiC

09-03-2013

Well Xelnath, it's pretty awesome that you're here answering questions and that you're even willing to help Watermaester even.

Here's the real question though, what are your thoughts on Native Americans and what do you know? (I'm from BC Canada and we got it tough up here per say...according to even our laws the Natives up here aren't even considered people. So it's a weird and a lot of what's happened in the past is starting to finally catch up with the Canadian Govt.. Aka their skeletons in the closets are starting to fall out.)

If you can answer that, it'd be awesome. Plus if you ever want to look at some cool stuff and have a good read and what not, I encourage you to check out some stuff on the "Nuu-chah-nulth" peoples or else even my tribe, "Tseshaht" and lets see if you can say that word

http://www.archive.org/stream/indian...ge/n3/mode/2up

That books pretty interesting and even gives some good old tales from my people

-cPKaotic

Pluto Nash

09-03-2013

Quote:
What... what is this? He's funny. Too much percussion for my tastes.
What is it, you ask? It is the greatest song of all time.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
29 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermaester View Post
This really helped a lot. I really appreciate you helping me out and listening to me. You're a great person and thanks again. Also, have you ever thought of streaming? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear and see you play some games. I've always wondered what your voice sounds like...
No worries. I would focus less on what's motivating him and focus more on his actions and how they affect your relationship. Don't make it about him. Establish what you want in life. Express yourself and your interests in the relationship. Let him know what you feel OK with and not OK with.

See if your interests align. If not, hug and move on. It's okay. If it does work out, then that's better too. The deeper change must come from within, but the only power you have is to stay or go. Decide if you're OK with what you've got or not.

Oh and uh... I'm a pretty ragey player. People would just report me all day if I streamed.

As far as my voice goes, I'll quote two of my friends:

"You sound like a phone *** worker."
"Yeah, if there was a market for Steve Urkel sound-alikes."