What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

09-03-2013

Sorry to nag if it's nagging, but where did the lore go Xelanth? Has Kitae been brewing something up for us over the horrible multi-patch, multi-champion chasms?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
24 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermaester View Post
Well, he doesn't like to fully trust anyone because he said his mom used to tell him that she'd be there for his graduation and when he gets married and all that, but she never will be. He tries pushing me away because he doesn't want anyone hurting him like his mom did to him. Even sometimes when I give him a hug he'll say "you hug me just like my mom used to". I'm in the same boat as you xelnath, I didn't lose my mom so I really don't fully understand him..
Ugh, I've never tried to develop a relationship with a guy, so I haven't run into these issues. Hmm... If he said that line to me, then I would just say, "Good, but if this is your way of telling me I need to lose weight, you're sleeping on the couch!!"

I suspect that maybe he's pushing you away because he actually wants the space. ... or more specifically, he wants to know that he can get space when he wants it. Have you ever heard the story of a caged bird?

A caged bird wants nothing more than to escape. But a bird who can leave but never chooses to do so, has truly decided to stay with you.

I would give him the space, resolve that he may not want to come back and live my life. When he realizes you are going on without him, he has two options - assume he's been betrayed or assume that you are an independent woman with an awesome life. If he wants to be with you then, welcome him warmly. If he needs space, let him go again.

Thus is the healthiest way to move any relationship forward. Forced proximity, closeness, etc... only make the caged person want to run away faster. At least that's how I feel.

Hope this helps a tiny bit.

Watermaester

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
Honestly,

I lost my dad in a similar situation of promises and such.

I was mad for a little bit, but I realized it's not like he did it on purpose. Nobody could've helped me through that one, nobody talking to me was going to help out with it because nobody else, "Got it"
He says that all the time, that nobody gets it. I appreciate the help, I just don't want to give up on him. He's very stubborn, and if I just leave I feel like I would be giving up and taking the easy approach out

Zodai

09-03-2013

Xelnath, how often do you see my posts on the forums?

What do you think of me?

GD Nash

09-03-2013

What do you think of Morris Brown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBonZIFobwY

Fragmatics

09-03-2013

Are you planning to release Pool Party skins by the end of this week?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
25 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvarin View Post
What's the best way to stay motivated? I'm currently working on a project that's very important to me, but I'm having a hard time keeping the ball rolling.
Realize that success looks exactly like failure most of the way through.

Success is on the opposite side of a lot of hard work without results.

Zodai

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Ugh, I've never tried to develop a relationship with a guy, so I haven't run into these issues. Hmm... If he said that line to me, then I would just say, "Good, but if this is your way of telling me I need to lose weight, you're sleeping on the couch!!"

I suspect that maybe he's pushing you away because he actually wants the space. ... or more specifically, he wants to know that he can get space when he wants it. Have you ever heard the story of a caged bird?

A caged bird wants nothing more than to escape. But a bird who can leave but never chooses to do so, has truly decided to stay with you.

I would give him the space, resolve that he may not want to come back and live my life. When he realizes you are going on without him, he has two options - assume he's been betrayed or assume that you are an independent woman with an awesome life. If he wants to be with you then, welcome him warmly. If he needs space, let him go again.

Thus is the healthiest way to move any relationship forward. Forced proximity, closeness, etc... only make the caged person want to run away faster. At least that's how I feel.

Hope this helps a tiny bit.
Wait

XELNATH IS FEMALE?

HeartworkGG

09-03-2013

Xelnath, I just recently reached Gold V and am going to be deployed in Syria this next week. I was curious if I will still have earned the skin and gold trim upon my arrival home I leave Friday & plan to play no video games in the mean time.

Tl;DR will I be demoted?

Sayath

09-03-2013

Dear Xelnath,
can I privately talk to you about Akali? To be more specific, I would like your opinion as a designer about some ability changes. I've been talking to Statikk a lot and I'd like a second point of view.
So if you got the time, please add me on NA. I'll keep myself to the point.

For public reference (outdated): http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3485169