What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
19 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSparkle View Post
Why can Fiddlesticks have a 3second fear and an 8 second cool down? How is this not toxic?
Because all of his damage is channeled. I agree he could be remade less frustrating, but he's not game warping right now because so many popular champions wreck his life with a couple wards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhorema View Post
What is your opinion on the Large Hadron Collider and its scientific implications regarding the beginning of life and the refuting of theology? Also how bad would you think the consequences were to become if a gremlin bathed in cold water while inside the acceleration tubes made a time machine, travel back to 1997, married a furby and remade "Jaws" into a Pitbull Remix (Ft. Dj-ImASharkSuckMyD*ck) with a dubstep sound combined with pollen from a bee's electrically charged bear-mawed paw taken from a LoTR version of "Bajo Kazooie: The return of Mumbo Jumbo"?
Entropy asserts that this supposition is impossible and thus irrelevant. However, I would be afraid. Much afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Hi, Xelnath. Do you have anything to share with regards to the Viktor changes? I love my little robotic man, but the short range, mid-game ward bottleneck, and poor late game augment scaling are keeping me down. I know his rework isn't your thing, but I was wondering if maybe you'd heard anything.

Thanks for doing this thread.
I don't have anything to say, but I wanted to thank you for being so very polite. You are a very courteous person and deserve that note of respect.

Pikachu

09-03-2013

Will we ever get avatars on the forums? Maybe pre-selected avatars of champions! That would be fun

Coredor

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Will we ever get avatars on the forums? Maybe champions! That would be fun
Reds have already said there would be no avatars because it requires too much moderation.

Absolute None

09-03-2013

1) Who's your favorite champion?

2) Can you tell Gypsylord (when you get the chance) that I am enjoying Vi?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
20 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu X2 View Post
Xelnath,

Do you love the Expendable Movies as well as the Fast and Furious franchise? Either way can you just say yes?
Sorry, I have only seen the Fast and the Furious 1.

I liked Sandra Bullock in the first movie where she can't stop driving a bus though. Of course, I generally like sharp women in entertaining lead roles. That's why I liked Alias and Veronica Mars so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe7 View Post
Instead of delving into your personal life, I would appreciate your opinion on my favorite champion: Talon.

I conversed with Xypherous for a short time, and it seems that the stats you(Riot) have available to you suggest he's at least in a decent spot, if not better. I'm not a very skilled player by any means, but skilled enough to see what works and what doesn't. Talon is in an awkward spot in the meta, being an AD caster assassin, and he feels lackluster in his game play if he doesn't steal half his team's kills and set back the carry(s). I don't want a Talon rework, because I believe he is so very close to what he not only needs but is meant to be. I just cannot figure out what could make him a bit more friendly to the game without costing him his purpose and usefulness.

Do you have any thoughts or insights on this?
Yeah, he's in a hard place. If he got reworked to be more usable, he would likely have to be nerfed. He's an AD mage. Its an unusual role without a clear purpose in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodai View Post
Xelnath,

Favorite anime?

How much does Japanese culture inspire your champion design?

Hmmm... I can't really say. Oh. Code Geass. Lelouch of the Rebellion was the last series that really got me excited about anime.

I would say it has very little impact, though I'm pretty sure Trigun and the Matrix heavily inspired Lucian and a few other series contributed to a champion 2-3 releases out.

Pikachu

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS121054753d3803e2ba741 View Post
Reds have already said there would be no avatars because it requires too much moderation.
Oh I meant like pre-selected ones.. like akali, lulu, etc.. that are already made so we can just select through what images are available.

Thanks for the quick response to my question though!

Coredor

09-03-2013

Has riot ever considered letting people shift click to queue up movement commands?

10Bricksquad17

09-03-2013

Would riot ever allow a nidalee skin where its a cougar throwing nidalees instead of spears?

exec3

09-03-2013

Any word on Yorick or has that been shelved while you work on Season 4? If so any word or hints you can give on what you're doing for Season 4? I hear the jungle's layout will be changed and that supports will be fixed (can buy items, won't just be wardbots).

Also have you ever thought about if you were given the chance to create a champion whether you'd involve the community like you have with Xerath's and Yorick's reworks? Like first talking to the community about figuring out the champs role and theme then skills, personality etc? If so you should get Ironstylus involved as he'd be great in getting the visuals together.

bahamutkaiser

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS121054753d3803e2ba741 View Post
What if we could use champion portraits for skins we bought, or classic skins for champions we have 100+ games won with? Set skins would be safe, or even the banners from in game...