What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
16 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuyaDL View Post
If you get caught playing LoL at work, do you get in trouble, or encouragement to "Keep up the good work?"
They actually schedule time on my calendar where they ask me to play live games to keep apprised via research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshiny View Post
Do you happen to know what's going on with heimer? There was a lot of talk and work being done and then nothing.

Any info or if you could just have someone post about it to give us an update would be great.
Yeah, Xypherous got the core kit hashed out. He was really strong. Now we have some iterative work going into try and make fighting turrets feel less like getting stabbed in the eyeball with a toothpick.

FourteenFCali

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

any chance of more hybrid items coming in, like AD/spell vamp, etc

actually i had another question, is there any way to get AP casters viable in the jungle? I'm talking things like leblanc, not maokai and zac

VoidInsanity

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
And yet, more people watch professional League than professional hockey in the US.

So apparently it is still fun to watch.
Using that logic Breaking Bad season 1 is not fun to watch and Call of Duty is the pinnacle of FPS. Many good things get overlooked and people will buy/watch/eat bad things all the time.

LoveSparkle

09-03-2013

Why can Fiddlesticks have a 3second fear and an 8 second cool down? How is this not toxic?

Hillarie

09-03-2013

When can we get a better item for countering Life Steal/Ridiculous Amounts of healing for AD? I'm referring to the toxic play style of Warwick with spirit visage at top. Executioner's calling feels like a noob trap, and I feel like we need an item more worthwhile similar to morello's evil tome, but it's ad.

Or even for an ad champion like Zed, fighting swain. Anything would be nice honestly, hopefully an item that scales into late game. Ignite is just not enough when you need it to make trades constantly.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-03-2013
17 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
In your educated, or pretend educated, opinion.

How much does being on an internal playtest team for a company who iterates their game constantly matter to Riot? (Not closed beta, internal, directly with devs, NDAs involved.)
I really don't understand the question. So here's a GIF: http://imgur.com/jWc4kkL

Yhorema

09-03-2013

What is your opinion on the Large Hadron Collider and its scientific implications regarding the beginning of life and the refuting of theology? Also how bad would you think the consequences were to become if a gremlin bathed in cold water while inside the acceleration tubes made a time machine, travel back to 1997, married a furby and remade "Jaws" into a Pitbull Remix (Ft. Dj-ImASharkSuckMyD*ck) with a dubstep sound combined with pollen from a bee's electrically charged bear-mawed paw taken from a LoTR version of "Bajo Kazooie: The return of Mumbo Jumbo"?

Gixia

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Thats because Koreans do not like being restricted and are constantly trying to come up with new strategies. In other games these strategies are allowed to exist and then the race is on for players to come up with a strategy to top it - See Starcraft II. However in LoL anytime a new strategy appears they just patch it out, this is extremely bad for multiple reasons including it being boring to play, watch and experience.
They said exactly why they 'patched it out' when they did it. The 2v1 lane strategy was used to bypass the lane phase of the game, which made champions who specialize in being good early-game picks, or champions that can't defend 2v1, completely worthless. Just as there can be champions that are overpowered and need to be nerfed, there are strategies that can become overwhelmingly dominant as well. Sure, you can come up with something to beat it, just as it was theoretically possible to beat post-launch Diana and Zyra, but that didn't mean they weren't still a problem that needed to be fixed. It's not like 2v1 lanes can't still be done, they're just less good than they used to be, because they were too good before.

Risemix

09-03-2013

Hi, Xelnath. Do you have anything to share with regards to the Viktor changes? I love my little robotic man, but the short range, mid-game ward bottleneck, and poor late game augment scaling are keeping me down. I know his rework isn't your thing, but I was wondering if maybe you'd heard anything.

Thanks for doing this thread.

SlumlordThanatos

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I really don't understand the question. So here's a GIF: http://imgur.com/jWc4kkL
Woah. ****.

It's crazy what some people catch on dashboard cameras.