What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coredor

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Thats because Koreans do not like being restricted and are constantly trying to come up with new strategies. In other games these strategies are allowed to exist and then the race is on for players to come up with a strategy to top it - See Starcraft II. However in LoL anytime a new strategy appears they just patch it out, this is extremely bad for multiple reasons including it being boring to play, watch and experience.
They already answered your question about 10 times. They said they liked having 2v1 lanes for quick pushes, however it was imbalanced because it completely invalidated a huge percentage of champions that were only strong in laning phase.

The idea was they would make it a little harder to do so it wasn't 100% required that every game people do that exact strategy. But make it as a possible option.

tldr; they want to open up some counterplay. In SCII not everyone uses the exact same opening strategy 100% of the time.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-02-2013
15 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
Oh, wow, wasn't expecting a...

Well, yeah, it would put more focus on up front bursts and withholding attacks, but base crit damage could take a reduction, and it works in favor of AD casters who don't have a worthwhile AA modifier to capitolize on.

For AD mages, melee who have to wait around for an opportunity to engage, Assassins, and harassers, it means more expected damage and an AA modifier which can be build for their behavior, for Carries it means seperating a modifier which multiplies against attack speed and gaining a set amount of crits over time based on how much crit gen they invest in.

I detailed a lot of features with it in the thread I mentioned, but I don't see how unexpected burst primarily working only for sustained attackers is better than planned burst with a measured limit, there would be more up front burst and likely less sustained application assumably?, right?
That would just mean that facechecking a bush would hurt even more and sustained fights would feel worse. I don't think that's the polarity we need to fix those issues. T_T

Help

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2013

Will Kassadin's daughter ever be reintroduced to the league?
Will there be any romance between Zyra x Maokai x Fiddlesticks?

Coredor

09-02-2013

Why can't you shift click to queue up movement orders?

GD Nash

09-02-2013

My one shot at getting Morgan Freeman into this game.. and I blew it.

This must be the alternate ending to 8 Mile.

sirshiny

09-02-2013

Do you happen to know what's going on with heimer? There was a lot of talk and work being done and then nothing.

Any info or if you could just have someone post about it to give us an update would be great.

Izzabelle

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Action movie... uhm... does.. uh... The Shawshank Redemption count as action?
Naw man, that's Drama

Hermitxd2

09-03-2013

Do you thinking Morrelonomicon is a little too powerful for how cheap it is? It also builds from a gp10.

Its amazing, I love it.. but perhaps a little too amazing.

Dies to Wolves

09-03-2013

have you ever traveled abroad?

and what is your favorite foreign food?

Sincarnation

09-03-2013

Something Ive always been curious about. How do you guys (rioters in general) view the forums? Do you actively use it too look at balance issues or is it just a loud backseat driver? Something in-between maybe?

I cant imagine you take everything on here seriously or else everyone would be nerfed into the ground.
Anyway gooodnight peeps im out