What would you like to talk about tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coredor

09-02-2013

Any word on people buying season 3 diamond ranked 3's for 60$ because of the end of season reward changes?

Wertilq

09-02-2013

I am gonna apply for Riot Internship next summer, and I am kinda stressed, and I lack experience about how to write resume, I have never really done it before. Now I need to write a world class resume, one that blows others out the water; show off my strengths in a super creative way, show off things I have done and sell myself.

I have ideas about how to make things kinda cool, but it scares me since it's slightly hit or miss. If I fail I will FAIL, if I succeed I will succeed.

How did you apply to Riot, Xelnath?
From reading your blog I see you had quite a nifty bit of professional experience before, and that you was a roomie with Tom Bombadil.

GD Nash

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Firetrucks View Post
Why was my topic avoided?
I want to know why Morgan Freeman is being avoided.

He did nothing wrong!

SlumlordThanatos

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I used to work on bicycles when I lived in New York, played Go when I lived in Rochester, spent hours walking the hills when I lived in Redmond, then played far too much WoW (got the black qiraji mount in classic!) until I started working here.
And here I was, thinking I was special for having a Twilight Drake back when it was actually hard to get.

Incidentally, my main (a holy paladin) was named Specialneeds...

DoYouWantAHug

09-02-2013

What do you think about the Tribunal? It seems to me they mostly punish for stuff that shouldn't be punished? Do you think it is too strict, maybe better the old way?

VoidInsanity

09-02-2013

I guess Smite is still a Taboo subject in your offices. Alternate question then, is there any reason why the current balance of the game is based upon restricting anything and everything that deviates from the "Top, mid, jungle, ADC, support" lane composition? The second anything happens, ANYTHING you patch it out immediately. Most recent example being 2v1 lanes to push down towers quickly.

Wolf McWolf

09-02-2013

Why does bear-Bristle still go for the landmine on a chain Sej dangles in front of him if she's previously blown off his lower jaw and taken out an eye with it? Is he some kind of bear masochist?

Izzabelle

09-02-2013

Can you tell us anything about the champion in the Pool Party poster (the one who's POV we're looking through)

Is it the next champ? A champ further off? Where the champ is from?

Also, what's your favorite action movie?

Coredor

09-02-2013

Why can't we 'queue up' basic movement by holding shift. Similar to dota and sc2.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Let's see... that would mean that the super skirmishy jump in and burst scenario would be the best for Crit champs. It might discourage head to head engagement and turn it into a league of burstcraft. Would be worried.
Oh, wow, wasn't expecting a...

Well, yeah, it would put more focus on up front bursts and withholding attacks, but base crit damage could take a reduction, and it works in favor of AD casters who don't have a worthwhile AA modifier to capitolize on.

For AD mages, melee who have to wait around for an opportunity to engage, Assassins, and harassers, it means more expected damage and an AA modifier which can be build for their behavior, for Carries it means seperating a modifier which multiplies against attack speed and gaining a set amount of crits over time based on how much crit gen they invest in.

I detailed a lot of features with it in the thread I mentioned, but I don't see how unexpected burst primarily working only for sustained attackers is better than planned burst with a measured limit, there would be more up front burst and likely less sustained application assumably?, right?