Unfairly banned?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeaNinjas

08-31-2013

lol so you didnt report so called "suspcious 3v3 activity" to riot? maybe if you did they would be like ohwait its just some guy who got tricked

Caynia

08-31-2013

Getting stripped of everything for 2 games? Make them read through chat logs, and if it's really just 2 games and you DID leave the team after... ugh. No, not fair treatment at all

Like the guy above says, you should probably have notified Riot that you had joined those 2 games and was unaware that it was win trading.

Karkat Vantas

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
Riot has posted stating that person was banned for two weeks and stripped of rewards, over a year ago.

Have you played with them since and seen them with borders or playing championship Riven?
Iirc, Championship Riven wasn't a season REWARD, which is what is stripped. I think he's talking about the Victorious skins being stripped. Like Victorious J4 and Janna.

Annnyway. Sorry to hear about that OP. Life sucks. Riot doesn't care. ;~;

DD DoubleDiamond

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silent Amp View Post
Iirc, Championship Riven wasn't a season REWARD, which is what is stripped. I think he's talking about the Victorious skins being stripped. Like Victorious J4 and Janna.

Annnyway. Sorry to hear about that OP. Life sucks. Riot doesn't care. ;~;
Championship Riven was a code-skin for the spectators of the tournament I thought. So yeah, nothing to do with season rewards.

Buderfingers

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMemorium View Post
Let me feed you some brownies that have something laced into it without your knowledge. When you go to drop at the workplace(because alot of jobs still do random piss tests) and you lose your job because you tested hot, it wasn't your fault at all , right?
he knowingly joined his friends team to help him get diamond, right? And how are you so daft that you dont realize its win trading in the first game. The fact that it was the guys friend and they just let him win for seemingly no reason.

SCNightwolf

08-31-2013

meh know way of knowing if you are telling the truth or just begging for mercy. Riot has all the evidence and made the judgement call. For all any of us know you are guilty and just regret it after getting punished. Sorry cuz you got caught and not cuz you helped someone cheat. If you are telling the truth then you should have reported it yourself when you knew something was up after that second game.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

08-31-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Pardon the copy paste response, but I addressed your Reddit post, since you've elected to bring it to GD, I've brought my response as well.

Niqhtmare x,

As has already been explained to you, we will be unable to lift the actions taken on your account. I'm afraid the story you say here doesn't quite match what you've already admitted to us in your ticket, and what our own data suggests.

From your own words to us you admit that you engaged in win trading. This is backed up by the game data of the 4 Games you played (you said it was only 2), where members on your team (including yourself) didn't even bother to purchase real items in game.
In addition, your selection of summoner spells indicate that you were not really expecting to go against real opponents in the queue anyways. Which might help explain why you guys played in the middle of the night, to maximize your opportunity to play against a specific team.

And lastly, this did not occur over a year ago, but in the beginning of July 2013.

I agree that the punishment for MMR boosting and win trading is harsh. It's designed that way. They take coordination and planning to perform, and it's not something that can just "accidentally happen".

Most importantly, we're well aware that the thought crosses other players' minds as well. And unfortunately as the season draws to a close I have no doubt that others will try similar ploys in 3v3's as well. For them though, the result will be the same. We'll be actively on the look out and punishing them as we see them.

If you are interested in ranked rewards you are still eligible to earn future rewards after Season 3 and you can do so without resorting to tricks or exploits to earn a higher ranking.

Buderfingers

08-31-2013

get wookiee'd

Kjelle

08-31-2013

Because he was obviously trying to abuse the system with 4 games, right? That's like raging 4 games and having your account perma banned.

Buderfingers

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjelle View Post
Because he was obviously trying to abuse the system with 4 games, right? That's like raging 4 games and having your account perma banned.
Its not like that at all because boosting is a much more serious offense.