Let's talk about Xerath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papy Mougeot

08-25-2013

xelnath, Update where ?

Eatmy310tsh

08-25-2013

meh xerath is really good in lane has strong poke losing lane you can still farm with q all in all hes pretty strong i just think that people like me dont like him what i mean to say is that he is pretty boring to play as :/ Hes just not fun,\...

kayakninja

08-26-2013

Well, I think he's a good time. I'm under the impression that's a big part of why they're reworking him, though. Lot of people don't like him so they're trying to see what they can do better with that.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Liked what they did with Garden.

MarkXXIV

08-26-2013

This thread is months old. Really annoying reading about Xerath rework from June that still hasn't taken place yet. I kind of wanted to buy him... I think they forgot about xerath players /facepalm. I guess I won't buy him then -___-.

Dyzmatik

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Yes, actually. We tried a number of iterations where Xerath could maintain super high range for long periods of time. In all of those iterations, it causes the game to grind to a halt as Xerath was the ultimate defense machine, but couldn't help win the game.

We are now increasing the power of his auto-attack replacer, but condensing the duration into a shorter window, with the intent of reinforcing his role as mid-game mage sniper / late-game damage source, rather than aoe CC character.

In a nutshell, we've kind of come full circle on the kit and we're bringing him back a bit closer to his live playstyle, but with a healthier ultimate that allows for skillful plays on both Xerath and the enemy's part.
First of all, when you ''reinforce'' his role as a sniper mage and then completely replace his ultimate with a shoddy constant barrage on weak karthus q's and still have the audacity to call him a sniper makes me a bit frustrated. A ''mage sniper'' implies the playstyle of dealing big damage from a considerable distance (eg; nidalee), but I think you're trying to really tune down his artillery/mortar power instead of adjusting his skillset to being a mage sniper. Secondly, numbers are actually a HUGE matter of importance now that you've completely reworked his ultimate, can he really even compensate for the fact that instead being denied his primary ability damage (QWE), he's being stuck with lackluster miniature aoe blasts with extended range?

Just because I get an extra distance doesn't make up for the fact that my poor Xerath's damage is potentially subpar with other mages (prove me wrong Xelnath, numbers please) because if I don't make as much as an impact as say Morgana or Annie, then the only point of playing Xerath is for the theme of being a long-range mage, and the eventual destruction of your inhibitor because you don't have as much teamfight presence as the other mids do.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Now we play the waiting game where we hope that rework Xerath is quickly and precisely balanced and fine tuned.

Praise the Husk

08-26-2013

@Xelnath, if he is balance testing right now, can you at least give us a preview of his kit? Please?

Thee Incubus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Is he now slated for after Yorick? I thought it was said after Yi. It seems Xelnath has found other areas to put his attention (Creep minions, Yorick).

justJoekingg

08-29-2013

xERATH REWORK WHERE!

patiently waiting for new updates

Xelnath

Systems Designer

08-30-2013
154 of 159 Riot Posts

Actually...

After some discussion, we're going to leak Xerath to PBE early in an experimental extra-long PBE incubation cycle.

Setting expectations:

We've adjusted Xerath based on the feedback from this thread, our own judgement calls and a lot of experimentation. We have him in a rough balance state - we don't have a good sense yet for how he works out competitively or if he's balanced for most center-lane play.

However, I do want to get a lot of player eyes on him to see what small tweaks we can make to polish him heavily before release.

With that understanding...

Name:  xerathface.jpg
Views: 8854
Size:  4.4 KB
I'm going to sneak him onto PBE for a couple days a week sometime *after* 3.11 ships.