Why do Snares interrupt Lucian's Ultimate?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ouroborous HD

08-29-2013

gypsy did you happen to send any of your champion ideas to the teemo pit where they could have their souls shattered and then rebuilt?

-darkzero1

30 Helens

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Kitchen View Post
I really hope this is a bug, and not by design...

It's happened to me a few times as well and I'm not sure if it's intended or not. Whatever the case, it can already be cockblocked by minions, tanks, any cc, and easily sidestepping. It looks cool, but it's a sh!t ult. Even Vi's tiny Q knockback stops it, which makes no sense because you can move backwards while using it.

Majin Bl3u

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Just checked this. Seems to be working. Shield gets popped and Q deals no damage.
While you are looking at Lucian for bug, there is a bug with Pantheon's passive and Lucian's ult. If lucian's first bullet of his ult gets blocked by pantheon's passive, none of the other bullets will do any damage to pantheon. Effectively meaning pantheon's passive completely blocks Lucian's ult.

Needles K

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedirex View Post
I can't wait! Screw all the people who say "CertainlyTrueDamage huehue," your designs create some of the highest high points in all of League (going on a dunk chain as Darius, playing "cool guys don't look at explosions" as Zed, getting a perfect hook in+dark passage an ally for a ridiculously long-distance hard engage).
I think most of the people joking about true damage are doing it light-heartedly (I believe Scarizard was the one who coined "CertainlyTrueDamage"). CertainlyT's champion designs are some of the most distinctive in the game.

InfestedJesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2013

Any chance lucians ult can be made less interpretable, ala ez/lux. As it seems now if someone even sneezes on lucian his ult gets cancelled(silence, knockups, knockbacks, stuns, polymorphs, even fears cancels it)

Borigrad

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
You are right -- this interaction is buggy.

We just had a meeting on this today ("meeting" here means a conversation in the design pit where everyone works) -- Lucian's ult doesn't actually lock his facing for the purpose of our game engine, so yes it messes with Cassiopeia's Ult, as well as Mocking Shout and Backstab. We are not going to fix it for 3.11 because it requires re-writing some of our oldest, dustiest game code to account for animations but will hopefully have a fix in as soon as is possible. Note Skarner also "lies" about his facing when he is ulting (and maybe Caitlyn while moving from Yordle snap trap?), so we'll finally be able to fix that interaction as well.

AkA - We hate burden of knowledge, but we hate doing actual work even more.

DemiluniS

08-29-2013

why does reposition abilities like vayne's condemn without the stun stops his ult? he can move anyway during it, so why he stop casting it when he moved by the enemy team?

hotfire

08-29-2013

Gypsylord made vi. I'm sold already, can't wait for it to hit pbe

Morningbell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2013

Quote:
Yeah I suppose exact dates are still up in the air.
So in November?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

08-29-2013
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Yeah I suppose exact dates are still up in the air.
I have a feeling this statement is loaded with explosive intent.