Why do Snares interrupt Lucian's Ultimate?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TinyHugeMonster

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
My next champ will be storming Summoner's Rift directly after our next addition to the League. GypsyLord's second champ stole the spot ahead of me.
Dude i like every single one of your champions ! Keep doing that !

-Some random guy in internet

KRSD

08-29-2013

While The Culling is being looked into, I'd also like to ask about the direction the game believes he is facing for the purpose of abilities. I have read that in regards to Backstab and Mocking Shout, Lucian is considered facing the direction he is moving and not the direction in which he truly is facing and firing.

While that may be a minor inconvenience to some, this would also imply that something potentially used to stop his ultimate, Cass's ult, has the same issue. I don't own Lucian and none of my friends that do are awake at the moment to help test, so if someone would mind testing and verifying if this is true, it'd be appreciated. If Cass can't petrify someone staring right at her simply because he's moving backwards, that doesn't seem quite right.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

08-29-2013
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSD View Post
While The Culling is being looked into, I'd also like to ask about the direction the game believes he is facing for the purpose of abilities. I have read that in regards to Backstab and Mocking Shout, Lucian is considered facing the direction he is moving and not the direction in which he truly is facing and firing.

While that may be a minor inconvenience to some, this would also imply that something potentially used to stop his ultimate, Cass's ult, has the same issue. I don't own Lucian and none of my friends that do are awake at the moment to help test, so if someone would mind testing and verifying if this is true, it'd be appreciated. If Cass can't petrify someone staring right at her simply because he's moving backwards, that doesn't seem quite right.
You are right -- this interaction is buggy.

We just had a meeting on this today ("meeting" here means a conversation in the design pit where everyone works) -- Lucian's ult doesn't actually lock his facing for the purpose of our game engine, so yes it messes with Cassiopeia's Ult, as well as Mocking Shout and Backstab. We are not going to fix it for 3.11 because it requires re-writing some of our oldest, dustiest game code to account for animations but will hopefully have a fix in as soon as is possible. Note Skarner also "lies" about his facing when he is ulting (and maybe Caitlyn while moving from Yordle snap trap?), so we'll finally be able to fix that interaction as well.

øLordSeth

08-29-2013

Quote:
My next champ will be storming Summoner's Rift directly after our next addition to the League. GypsyLord's second champ stole the spot ahead of me.
So.... Late season 5?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

08-29-2013
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
soon...

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

08-29-2013
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
soon...
No (tm)? You've jinxed us.

Eclipsev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2013

Quote:
soon...
We will eagerly await.. However long that will take..

Icovarius

08-29-2013

Quote:
soon...
No (tm), means it's actually soon.

exec3

08-29-2013

I hope it's soon as I hope the long long Lucian delay hasn't screwed up the champion schedule too badly.

Kattron

08-29-2013

Quote:
No (tm)? You've jinxed us.
Give us a spoiler to munch on! :P