Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelloRed

08-28-2013

1: All effects are seen if you are close enough. Even though walls.
*nid throws a spear over a wall at you, you see the spear, but not nid.
*nid throws a spear by her nexus, you aren't close enough to see it.
*Someone uses abilities on baron and your are on the other side, you can see them go off.

2: Champions are "destealthed" when they do damage/effect to the other team. (teemo, shaco, himer, cait, remote attacks doesn't count).
*If nid throws a spear from a bush, and misses, she will still be hidden.
*Nunu's ult from the bush will be seen, but you won't be able to directly attack him until it goes off.
*Jungler's aren't destealthed by attacking neutrals in bushes.

Overall it makes bushes a more defensive option. As your attacks are always noticeable, but you champion are noticed less.

MelloRed

08-28-2013

Oh, i'd also make pinks and oracles see into bushes. Simply treating people in the bush as stealthed. It makes oracles useful even when there's no stealth champ around.

Embargo

08-28-2013

The greatest method of fixing this possible error would be to show champion position after damage was received, Why should Nidalee get revealed if she misses?

Yoshiro

08-28-2013

You know what I don't like when you have a carry that just pokes and doesn't commit to a fight makes it harder for the rest of the team.

Zyorhist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Here is something I was thinking about, if for example Nunu ulted in the brush, instead of revealing him and by default anything that is near him, just reveal the parts that are out of the brush/fog. This would solve a lot of the problems that people find with the over the wall nid spears too. As soon as it clears the wall it should be visible, though this would mean having to fine tune the wall lines, not so much work on the brush lines. But making sense of it, things going on in brush wouldn't be visible to the champs in lane, but when it leaves the brush, even just a little bit, that portion of it becomes visible. I would hate to try to imagine doing a jump with Ez and finding that it revealed me for jax to wall jump even though it only hit a monster. Brush usage is a large part of the game and has been used in a number of strategies throughout, but if some minor ability revealed the player there would be more counter-play than there would be strategy and thus unhealthy for the game.

Im sorry if I jumped all over the place, but I am at work and didn't get a chance to read it over

Fawar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Does riot team read every post in this thread? I'm really hoping to have some feedback on my idea .

Post is here :
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post41088419

B1sh0mAn

08-28-2013

@Yakaru (and others?)
Hello there,
I have a few words to say that might help to fix the glitch where the jungler appears in all over the map

I am not from NA, so it took a while to post in here.

I cannot be sure, but the glitch with the jungler appearing on the other side of the map might be caused by smite, yes, smite. As I noted, that most often the jungler glitches at the red camps, and even dragon(that does not happen to me quite often, but just recently enemy jungler managed to sneak a dragon, and then about 10 second later he appeared in the dragon pit(glitched) and then in bottom lane).

There might be connection coming from patch 1.0.0.125 where smite removes invisibility and that somehow triggers the glitch, however, there might be some other changes that is the cause to that, which were not published publicly (which is most likely the case, as the glitch appeared much later than 1.0.0.125).

Well, this is my guess, maybe I am wrong, maybe I am late, but I tried. Wish you luck finding the cause faster.

P.S. Could not find much about smite mechanics due to the smite the game

SouL1ess

08-28-2013

Just to share some things I have noticed:

casting some skill-shots reveals the user in brush (if they do it out of brush and enter it immediately after, they are still revealed) :

Cho gath's Q, Talon's Rake and Annie's Incinerate - they should be treated as skillshots.

Inconsistent, but happens. They sometimes reveals the user.

I'm suspicious that it is because when you cast the skillshot, you had your cursor over an enemy, which treated the skill as a cursor-target.

Edit: not on point with OP, I guess.

I think targeted skills should reveal the user, but not skillshots.

SlVIR

08-28-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3814478

yakura please. regarding spell shield interactions

Sydelle

08-28-2013

Yes, this is the guy who'll care about inconsistencies.