Updater/Installer not working

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiguy

08-23-2013

This is probably the 4th time I've uninstalled and reinstalled the client, and probably the 7th time that I have gotten an "unspecified error" message. I've sent my logs in a few times now, and have kept trying, but nothing is working.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro with:
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3
250Gig SATA HDD

The game worked for me before I uninstalled the client for not loading the play page several times. Now it stops at 99% with either invis_wisp or fireball_hd32 as the file that is being scanned. I'm not sure what to do, but it's getting old really fast trying to download and then reinstall a game that was working for me two days ago. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

UPDATE: Tried to install again, and this is where I stopped at. I don't know if this will help or not, but it's the second image that I'm currently stuck at.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 4.31.31 PM.png
Views:	75
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	765583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 6.24.14 PM.png
Views:	59
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	765652  

Shadanz

08-25-2013

I have the same problem as well. Any solution?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-27-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Is your hard drive full? Can you post your RADs logs?

Raiguy

08-27-2013

I can post my RADs logs if I know where to find them. Can you direct me to what you are looking for? As for my hard drive being full, I currently have a little over 86gb free, so I know space isn't the issue.

Brentmeister

08-27-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiguy View Post
I can post my RADs logs if I know where to find them. Can you direct me to what you are looking for? As for my hard drive being full, I currently have a little over 86gb free, so I know space isn't the issue.
We have a KB article that describes where the log can be found.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-Legends-Logs

Raiguy

08-27-2013

Here are the RAD logs for the launcher. I tried to add the User_Kernel RAD logs, but for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the text file. I might try another post and see if that works.

Attached Files
File Type: txt Launcher Logs.txt (14.7 KB, 108 views)

Raiguy

08-27-2013

Here's the user kernel log if you need that.

Attached Files
File Type: docx User Kernel Log.docx (707.8 KB, 61 views)

Brentmeister

08-27-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

It looks like you're failing to download specific files. This indicates an anti-virus or firewall could be getting in the way. What happens when you try clicking on this link?

Also it looks like you can't delete temporary files. Are you an admin on your machine?

Updated Link:
l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/Maclive/projects/lol_game_client/releases/0.0.0.0/files/DATA/Particles/fireballcomp-HD32.dds.compressed

Raiguy

08-27-2013

When I clicked on the file, it said that the file was not found. As for the firewall, I'm using my college's ethernet, but I've been able to patch before, as well as playing League with very little problems until this patch.

As for the admin, I am, as this is the only account I have on my machine, other than the standard guest account.

Entity Zero

08-27-2013

Not to hijack this thread, but i bought my girlfriend a new laptop today and her client gets to 99 percent then drops down to 33 and gives a negative number for time remaining. Any thoughts?