Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chronotakular

08-27-2013

Just a few things I think, mainly jumping along with the bandwagon here.

- You should be able to see your ice on your feet, if Nunu ults.
- Nid spears and other skill shots should not reveal the champion, but it's important the skill shot is in view from the moment it is thrown.
- I think if any skill shot is "connected" to the champion, it should reveal them on cast, or shortly after (ie. Blitz Hook, Thresh Hook.)
- Shaco's red puffs of dust shouldn't be visible, if he blinks from the bush.
- AA's should reveal a champion in the brush, obviously.

I believe that's it. Hope it helps!

Blue Sub 06

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everliving View Post
You guys really need to mow that grass. It's pretty tall, and there's some guy in armor who's constantly trying to cut it, but it's not working. All he does is yell and spin. give him a hand.

Edit: On a more serious note, I feel that certain things should only be visible once they leave the fog or brush.
What if champions could literally "mow the grass". I'm having flash backs of from my Pokemon Red game where you could use the HM Cut to "cut" down the grass. My idea is that what if grass became a destructible element that could be taken down with AA or a few abilities. It should have some decent HP, comparable to tower but not that much, maybe half. Further, there is a small gold bonus for clearing the bush, maybe 70 gold for the champ that clears it, AND.....wait for it....IT GROWS BACK.

Think of how much play and counter play you could have. Forcing you to make decisions about gold incentives vs. being/getting ganked. Maybe taking your opponents bush in lane instead of pushing the tower. Do you take or own bush for cash or use it for cover? Maybe not all grass should be destructible, or maybe it should. You'd have to reblance the jungle if you did that or maybe make its less gold in the jungle. Late game, it could be a strat for a team that dosnt have that may wards out. A kinda of "if we cant get the jump on them, they cant get it on us. The down side is that they have to spend time clearing just like baron. What if grass got stronger and the game went on? Think how much another renewable objective, like dragon or buffs, that has a strategic positional importance as well could change the game. I think this could add a far bit of depth to the game.

iLold4U

08-27-2013

Not sure if this still exist since I haven't seen Naut in a while but a while back playing against a Naut, when he would use his Q from a bush while hidden and not hit a target, the only part of the Q I would see was the chain but not the anchor.

Blue Sub 06

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
Think of how Akali stealths and unstealths in Twilight Shroud. She has transparent model while stealhted and then bursts into full color while cutting up some "poor" Teemo. Its a pretty good method of knowing if your own actions have revealed you. Most champions, I believe, have this similar transparent model when either in stealth or in the brush. Copy this same "return to full color" mechanic to all champions actions in the brush. It's a fair bit natural, easily recognizable and communicable, and unobtrusive.

Scilla15

08-27-2013

I think Autoattacks and targetable abilities should reveal, since you are guaranteeing damage and also that there is a champion near-by. Skillshots should not

So Skrood

08-27-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3809985

I don't mean to spam, but I think I have found a way to reproduce the jungler minimap bug.

The101Trainee

08-27-2013

I agree targeting ability and point blank effect ability should reveal the caster, but if linear skill shots also reveal the caster, it would be a indirect nerf to a lot of champions.

linear skill shots are hard to hit but easy to dodge at first place. If it reveals the casters immediately after casting, the missile speed need to be adjusted, since there are linear skill shots that fly despairingly slow.

Its all about the reaction time. Revealing the casters immediately after casting almost tripled the reaction time for the opponent. It is a game changing disadvantage for all the champions with linear skill shots ability.

I would rather see skill shots ability having a better animation so people won't feel like it's coming from nowhere.

TuroSaave

08-27-2013

I think there some be some kind of indicator for when you are revealed. Something like the eyes above your head when you step on a trap. I think it would also be beneficial if they were slightly different from the ones used for traps and should also have some kind of way of showing how much longer they will be revealed. Maybe the eyes can start to close, that might be a good thing to add to the current reveal icon. You should also have a way of knowing if your teammate revealed you by standing too close to you when auto attacking.

I understand why the skill shots don't reveal the champions but I think that Nunu's ultimate should reveal the area that's being channeled. Maybe settle for a middle ground where at first you can't see it until it is, let's say, half way channeled, kind of like Zigg's ultimate.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
MGS Explanation point and sound? d=

Anyways, in all seriousness I think the main thing about this is to fix the invisible skill shots/nunu ult issue. Not necessarily with revealing the champ who threw the skill shot, but I at least want to see it when it exits the bush.

I.E. I don't think Nidalee should be revealed when she throws her spear, but I want to see it when it exits the bush. Nothing sucks more than getting hit by an invisible spear that you had no chance of dodging.

nomadd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Anyways, in all seriousness I think the main thing about this is to fix the invisible skill shots/nunu ult issue. Not necessarily with revealing the champ who threw the skill shot, but I at least want to see it when it exits the bush.

I.E. I don't think Nidalee should be revealed when she throws her spear, but I want to see it when it exits the bush. Nothing sucks more than getting hit by an invisible spear that you had no chance of dodging.
I tend to agree with this. There should always be some sort of indication, be it by revealing the champion (as in auto attacks) showing the projectile (for anything non-auto attack) or in some special cases (like Nunu's ult) some sort of effect that takes place on a character. The biggest indication that Nunu is channeling his ult while not visible is the massive movement reduction and, on top of this, you get a debuff on your champion.