Unable to connect to Oceania?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoltenMoonkin

08-26-2013

I live in New Zealand and I'm un able to connect to the Oceania server, I started playing a few days ago and I had the same problem but I figured it was just a temporary problem so I've been using the North American server which is quite laggy due to my poor connection.

Is this a Mac bug? How would I fix this issue? If I am able to start playing on the Oceania server do I keep all my progress in-game?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-27-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Do you mean unable to login with your username and password? You'll need to perform a server transfer to play on Oceania. This will permanently transfer all your progress to Oceanic servers.

Ladayen

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Do you mean unable to login with your username and password? You'll need to perform a server transfer to play on Oceania. This will permanently transfer all your progress to Oceanic servers.

Just going to mention server transfers appear to be disabled currently.

MoltenMoonkin

08-27-2013

Quote:
Yes, I can select the region but when I try and actually log in with my username and password I get connection errors and it retries 3 times before failing completely.

How would I transfer to Oceania?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-27-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMoonkin View Post
Yes, I can select the region but when I try and actually log in with my username and password I get connection errors and it retries 3 times before failing completely.

How would I transfer to Oceania?
As Ladayen mentioned server transfers are currently disabled. They'll be re-enabled when we resolve some issues. When they are enabled you can buy them by going to the store and selecting the "Other" Tab.

MoltenMoonkin

08-27-2013

Ahh that's silly. :/ Thank you for letting me know.

naotasan

08-28-2013

Quote:
As Ladayen mentioned server transfers are currently disabled. They'll be re-enabled when we resolve some issues. When they are enabled you can buy them by going to the store and selecting the "Other" Tab.
This reminds me a lot of PBE account sign ups.

GG no re on transfers.

MoltenMoonkin

08-29-2013

Another question, why is my account stuck on the North American realm anyway? I didn't see any options when I signed up, if anything I thought I'd be automatically assigned to the Oceania realm because I live in New Zealand and all. :P

MoltenMoonkin

08-29-2013

Ahh **** it, I can't transfer and I just lag out half of the game and everyone yells at me for dying all the time.

I'm just going to uninstall the game. -_-