Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnExtraordinaire

Senior Member

08-26-2013

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT REMOVE NUNU'S ULTIMATE STEALTH.
You already simplify this game so much; at some point you just gotta stop.
Please don't remove Nunu's signature move, the one that has spawned so much gameplay and fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnFuBaR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-26-2013

hey how about that heimerdinger rework


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnExtraordinaire View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT REMOVE NUNU'S ULTIMATE STEALTH.
You already simplify this game so much; at some point you just gotta stop.
Please don't remove Nunu's signature move, the one that has spawned so much gameplay and fun.
It makes no sense, consistency is more important than legacy.

Also **** Nunu.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-26-2013
11 of 23 Riot Posts

Hey Renzokuken,

I'm going to get a bit technical here. I'm not saying this is how it should work, but just how it currently works.

Basically the way vision works is each vision source is evaluated separately:
the sight you get that shows stealth does not 'reveal all stealth in this area' but requires the source of that stealth (e.g. your pink ward outside the brush, your support with oracles, etc.) sight actually see it. So even if your green ward can see inside the brush it doesn't "partner up" with the pink/oracles nearby to see inside it.

If you guys think this could be changed I'm definitely open to talk about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
There's a joke among my motorcyling friends: Wrecked my first bike, time for a GSXR. :P
Honestly I can't imagine wanting anything bigger than my 300 either. But ride what you want -- I'm tiny so a tiny bike 'fits' me.
I used to think that way..but once you touch a 500cc - 1300...you never want to go back. If I could I'd ride a hyabusa every day.



Try a B-King by Yamaha... they're not big bikes imo but they're hella fast. Don't tell ur significant other about this 1 tho. You'll know why when you ride it :P

big bikes imo are m109r Suzuki, harlies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Yes, this jives with what I've seen too. The problem is it doesn't happen every time the jungler pops out. We're trying to get something consistent internally -- will help track it down as well as let us verify a fix actually fixes it. Trust me, I want to smash this bug. Hard. In fact it is one of the reasons I've been digging into the vision system recently.


I'm sympathetic to this viewpoint -- if I can't explain the rules to a new player in a couple of sentences I'm a bit worried. Sort of an Occam's Razor principle.
Here's how you can explain it in simple terms to a new player right now, without changing anything.

Things that are targetted reveal you. Examples: Annie Q, Taric Q, auto attacks

Things that are not targetted don't reveal you. Examples : Nunu R, Katarina R, skill shots

2 simple phrases that explain exactly how bushes work.

If you plan to make Nunu have to show himself when doing his ultimate in a bush, or have his particles show, then there are some other characters that would need to be changed to be consistent with this. Such as Maokai.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute None

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Whatever fixes invisible skill shots will make me a happy man. Even if EMPIRE will be gone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Hey Renzokuken,

I'm going to get a bit technical here. I'm not saying this is how it should work, but just how it currently works.

Basically the way vision works is each vision source is evaluated separately:
the sight you get that shows stealth does not 'reveal all stealth in this area' but requires the source of that stealth (e.g. your pink ward outside the brush, your support with oracles, etc.) sight actually see it. So even if your green ward can see inside the brush it doesn't "partner up" with the pink/oracles nearby to see inside it.

If you guys think this could be changed I'm definitely open to talk about it
It intuitively makes no sense for it to work like that in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnExtraordinaire

Senior Member

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
It makes no sense, consistency is more important than legacy.

Also **** Nunu.
you're literally ruining a champion if you remove this interaction. Nunu has very little gameplay outside of his ultimate, and is mostly a walking bloodboil late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sydelle

Senior Member

08-26-2013

you are right, yakaru. Go crazy. This is something I brought up two years ago and it was not fixed. Can I get some clarity into why advice is ignored then picked up years later? Did you just get promoted to a new position, have a new boss or your team hired more people? I guess I am baffled cos I thought u guys didn't care. Explaining why u care now would be nice.