Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramachese

08-26-2013

For my two cents I believe that only when a champ does actual damage to an enemy should he be revealed. If you don't ward a bush that is your own problem.

Kvoth3

08-26-2013

It would make sense to me that target-specific attacks reveal the attacker (autoattacks, dazzle, etc) but AOE or skillshots don't reveal.

I guess I don't generally have a problem with it.

Yaddar

08-26-2013

actually, there is this HUGE problem right now with wards placed on bushh (specially the top/bot lane river bush)

when you place a ward INSIDE the bush, a champion can become "invisible" (read: gets out of sight) if they step right in the edge of the bush that borders the lane.

it has been happening for some moenths now, last time I saw it it was yesterday.

I have screenshots for it, if you can't repro.

Sir Pavio

08-26-2013

How about..

Skill shot animations become visible when leaving the brush, and subsequently reveal the champion if it deals damage to minions or champions.

Point and click spells and auto attacks, reveal you like normal.

Things like nunu's ult, leave as is. That's part of what makes him deadly. A great multitude of other champions can fire their ults out of the bush and are able to deal damage instantly. True each champ has their benefits, but taking this away from champions just seems kind of "problem-problem" versus "problem-solution." If you take this small game mechanic away that's in place, you may create some balance issues..

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-26-2013
9 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevicer View Post
Props on having THE BEST avatar out of any Rioter. Bumps you up on my list. Play Magic, by any chance?
I used to play magic, dropped out around the Forgotten Empires set.
Ahri was the first champ I had a lot of input on; she has a special place in my heart.

Ashes Boobs

08-26-2013

While you are working on bushes, would it be possible for you guys to completely rewrite the coding of the bushes? There are so many bugs/glitches/blind spots in the current ones.

Inverse Grimoire

08-26-2013

So as someone who had a lot of input an Ahri, was it you who decided that her ult and foxfires should not lock on to enemies in bushes eve if you just watched them go in?

Because I hate that so much.

FreemanHulk

08-26-2013

That fog of war thing where it shows where a person was a few seconds after showing up in lane literally has happened to me in every game since the middle of season two

t4tNoFp4Ve

08-26-2013

Yakaru, how do you feel about the following scenario (bush related)

I have X bush warded (green ward), and im standing right next of that bush, but not inside, with Oracle's, but the Oraacle's can't reveal anything that's in there

Do you think it's a nice "mechanic", because i feel it's extremely frustrating

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

I'm just happy that fiora's ult now works even though the target runs into a bush.