Can't Log Into My Account, Help?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sublime Fighter

08-26-2013

So I can't log into my account it says my password is incorrect (yes I'm using the one after the changes), I'm posting this from said account so I'm not sure if the password is changed it should kick me out of the forums? I'm trying to change the password but it asks me the current one... I tried changing the email and it asks me the current password too, what do?

Sublime Fighter

08-26-2013

my email's password wasn't changed and as far as what lolking can tell me nothing in my account has been changed, what do I do ?

Sublime Fighter

08-26-2013

Why is there no other way to change my password rather than needing my current password which in case I get hacked is the only thing I don't have... this is retarded

Acccce

08-26-2013

Just type bump next time. And try sending a support ticket. https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Sublime Fighter

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acccce View Post
Just type bump next time. And try sending a support ticket. https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home
already did, how long does it take to get an answer? Does riot really help with the lost accounts or it's one of those supports that never help you and you waste a month without getting anywhere and never recover it ?

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

08-26-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Log out of the forums and then go to the login tab;

There will be a "forgot your password?" button which will allow you to change your password via email confirmation, assuming that the email account tied to your LoL account is valid and accessible by you.

Sublime Fighter

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevarius View Post
Log out of the forums and then go to the login tab;

There will be a "forgot your password?" button which will allow you to change your password via email confirmation, assuming that the email account tied to your LoL account is valid and accessible by you.
thanks, trying it right now

EDIT: That was quicker than expected, all solved now. I'm still curious as to how I lost access to my account w/o losing access to my e-mail. and my account is untouched