@Riot Why exactly can't you put FINISHED REWORKS (like Xerath) on the PBE now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vyro

08-25-2013

Every time this is brought up in a thread, your answers are just along the lines of "lol release schedule" but god damn guys, I don't think a single person who plays this game would complain about more actual content being added at this point.

Champ releases are slowing to an ungodly crawl, buffs and nerfs are very minor and barely change the way the character feels, and this game feels more stagnant than ever.

And now what? If we want a cool thing like the Xerath or Rengar reworks, we have to wait god knows how many months, despite the former apparently being already completed, just for them to come on PBE, and then another month to actually get them on live?

Meanwhile it's been more than two months since Lucian was announced, and we still have no idea when the next champ, or for that matter, the next actual NEW CONTENT is going to come.

I just want answers. I find it hard to believe there's this super strict release schedule when NOTHING IS GETTING RELEASED

MageWithDucks

08-25-2013

Because they are probably not complete. They is probably still tons and tons of testing to be doing, number crunching, and bug fixes.

MegaBlaziken

08-25-2013

Both Xerath and Rengar are still in internal testing. Balancing, fine tuning of the kit, and of course bug fixes all need to be done.

Vyro

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamonTheStormGod View Post
Both Xerath and Rengar are still in internal testing. Balancing, fine tuning of the kit, and of course bug fixes all need to be done.
Rengar yes, but Xelnath specifically said that Xerath was ready for PBE but couldn't be released yet because of a "release schedule"

tenrel

08-25-2013

because the PBE is for actual finished things to sit for a month and then move on to the live server. why would they put something that is still in testing on the BETA server?

/s

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

08-25-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Because the state of PBE right now is such that we expect PBE to be the *next* patch in the cycle, not the patch X months down the road. (Where X is a value greater than 1, but definitely less than 1,000,000)

Kinslayor

08-25-2013

Heimer updates trump all other champ udpates.

Vyro

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Because the state of PBE right now is such that we expect PBE to be the *next* patch in the cycle, not the patch X months down the road. (Where X is a value greater than 1, but definitely less than 1,000,000)
I get that. I really do. That's one of the reasons why you guys don't have 50 new champs running around on PBE. But the thing is, much the the current 3.11 PBE patch, that kind of new content could easily be part of it, because so far at least, there's nothing new coming with it, only the same buffs and nerfs that come with every other patch.

The only difference is that the other patches had a new champ or rework coming with it.

Vyro

08-25-2013

Also I wish these reworks would come out sooner because I'm afraid to play Heimer, Rengar or Xerath because I don't want to start loving them and then have the rework ruin it.

TropicanaOJ

08-25-2013

I'd imagine part of it is just the nature of the PBE in general. Usually any huge gamebreaking aspects to a change are caught internally, so the PBE is the first chance to get any large-scale results on how a change impacts balancing and gameflow. Also, people tend to want to play the newer/most changed stuff on the PBE in the first place. So if they want to test how a change works, they need to test it in the environment in which that change exists; if they had the Xerath changes there at the same time as the Yi rework, Lucian, Elise nerfs, Jayce nerfs, Rengar rework, another new champion and who knows what else then it can become extremely hard to get a good idea of which changes are doing what, since with balance lots of things are relative and have to be considered as such, it's not just each change in a vacuum. I'd imagine that's what "lol release schedule" means. With a game that has such a huge emphasis on its competitive aspects, releasing a flood of new content can be hugely disruptive at first (which is why they wait for any systematic changes to be done between seasons).