Game crashes every time I try to open the lancher

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

June Shroom

08-25-2013

I have recently installed a new video card and now whenever I try to open the launcher it crashes. I have a laptop that it works fine on but it is this computer(a desktop) is the one having problems. I don't know what to do, I have tried uninstalling it about four times and shut my computer down about the same amount. Before I put in the video card League worked fine but now it doesn't.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

08-25-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Shroom View Post
I have recently installed a new video card and now whenever I try to open the launcher it crashes. I have a laptop that it works fine on but it is this computer(a desktop) is the one having problems. I don't know what to do, I have tried uninstalling it about four times and shut my computer down about the same amount. Before I put in the video card League worked fine but now it doesn't.
Have you checked your drivers? It sounds like you might need to update DirectX or your video card drivers.

Starswords

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Have you checked your divers?
Last I looked he was being dragged down with our anchor

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Looks like you've had a...

Failure to Launch.

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Did you uninstall your old Graphics card drivers and install the new ones either? >.>

TildeMerand

08-26-2013

You have the card powered from the PSU, right?

The Paddler

08-27-2013

but i didnt install a new vid card, i was able to play about 3 times after lucian came out, then it would launch the launcher and then it wont play from there.

BaelZephyr

08-27-2013

This just happened to me too in a ranked game, it was working just fine earlier today, i went to take a shower and i came back to play another ranked and it just started crashing everytime i press reconnect