A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

08-24-2013

for FurryKittenSoup idea to work (very low CD R with reduced effect of ferocity gain and duration)

here is how it would have to work to make it worthwhile

-rengar stealths and gains 100% movement speed for 3 seconds while revealing all enemies for the duration, and is able to leap to a targeted enemy, this effect removes all disabling and slowing effects and he instantly gains 2 ferocity on activation

CD of 50/40/30

passive-this ability resets on kills/assists and has its CD reduced by 5 seconds every time an empowered ability is used

bonetooth new 9T effect, reduce the CD of thrill of the hunt by 10 seconds (putting a max rank thrill of the hunt with ~40% CDR at about 10 second CD or 5 second with empowered effect reducing the CD

now this woudl be a good short CD / duration ult for rengar to have as it is a cleanse and an escape, altho with how much reset it gets it could become op and this version is likely to strong

Booreyy

08-24-2013

People tend not to understand this: if stealth gets removed, it opens up the possibilities to buff EVERY single abilities of Rengar

Corvic Maractis

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoore View Post
E have more range, more damage and Counterplay which is good, man it won't be that hard to land his E and you can still sustain yourself pretty well even if you're zoned hard in lane.

Also since They'll move some damage from his Q and add it to his other skills, he won't Instakill when he pops out of his ult. and if that happens they gonna leave his ult as it is now. Because since he won't be able to kill his prey in 1-2 sec because they'll have time to react and dodge his full combo.

just wanted to comment that Ryze's Rune prison works the same way has higher damage potential and to top it all off is a snare not a slow so it has even less counterplay with more range so how does your arguement fair now since ryze can have it but rengar cannot?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-24-2013
54 of 81 Riot Posts

Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!

ProfDrDeath

08-24-2013

I like this. Majorly.

When do we finally get to play with it? Can't wait

EDIT: Does Rengar entering Stealth/approaching in Stealth give some kind of warning to the enemy?
Or, make Rengar's Stealth like Eve Stealth, making him visible if he enters a certain distance (Leap distance?) to an enemy champion? That way, stealth could stay up longer to evade wards?
Assuming you still can Leap out of Stalk, that is. Can you?

Aolong Hong

08-24-2013

Thank you.

Impaler Alucard

08-24-2013

Change it to not be "a few seconds." There should be a short delay like .5 seconds between activation so people don't turn on stealth without meaning to, but "a few seconds" is too long.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2013

I like that as a compromise. Numbers and finalization pending, of course.

Bork Hammer 40k

08-24-2013

Like the idea. Great trade off. But I have a question. After the stealth ends will the movement speed turn back on or does triggering the stealth end the ultimate entirely?

As for an empowered bonus, why not give him a steroid like:

Empowered: Upon activating thrill of the hunt Rengar gains +x AD and +x% Attack Speed for each stack of Ferocity consumed. Lasts for x seconds after Thrill of the Hunt ends.

Lasting after the ult ends allows him to actually take advantage of it, of course

Mirror

08-24-2013

I like it, mostly because it helps with the Kha'zix parallelism.