The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Scyphozoa

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I DO know however, that most of the complaints I get on our support site are from Level 5 Alt accounts from the same set of players who KNOW what they're doing but are always shocked with feigned outrage when they end up getting banned. There is no amount of posting that would satisfy these players.
And I suppose you think that's a good enough excuse to blow off the legitimate complaints.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAtreyuX View Post
Fine, but it doesn't help when they cover this whole freaking thing up. He said they posted on it? Should've stickied it until this issue blows over or until the end of the season. Would certainly help deter more of these threads if that's what deleting them all is about.
I have no idea what the issue is, so if you mind bringing me up to speed I would appreciate it.

The Urf Life

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMajin View Post
That's not even remotely close to what happened. Sad thing is you're an idiot that's been brainwashed.
Can you please stop defending her when it's perfectly clear what has happened and we all know what she's done?

RoyalAtreyuX

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I have no idea what the issue is, so if you mind bringing me up to speed I would appreciate it.
The TLDR doesn't share the story.

Quote:
I've been watching this situation for a while. In fact, I've been watching it since last year when it happened.

When the situation first happened, the general consensus on the forums was that "Emo Sparkle" (see above posts, page 5) was scum and deserved the ban. There were his rabid fans who tried to convince us otherwise, but that was basically it. Shiny-Rock (again, see above posts, page 4), was briefly mentioned, but her situation took a back seat to the fact that Emo Sparkle (ES) received a ban.

Then the story began to be written.

ES began to make public chatlogs between him and his now-Ex Girlfriend, Shiny Rock (SR). As players read these logs it became more and more evident that ES actually was doing something that we would later look back on with a little bit of understanding. SR had in fact received a free Diamond account completely based on the fact that no one paid her much attention when ES was banned. There was quite a stirring on the forums when this occurred, but not enough to get a reponse from Riot.

The issue disappeared for a good time period, approximately 10ish months. I had even forgotten about this, TBH.

About a month and a half ago we introduce the ES Fans once more. More public denouncement of SR with even more proof, including what appeared to be a 200 pg long chat log with evidence of her knowing full well she was getting boosted. This is now the primary focus of the player base, as the evidence is undeniable. She begins to be attacked on the forums. Riot does nothing. So what happens?

Scumson (above posts, page 4, S-S)happens. Somehow he gains access to forum posts and edits them to reflect positively on SR. He also changes the amount of votes. This then leads to now, where he has hacked accounts, sent them to places like the LAN servers and Oceania. What happens now? Well, this is simple. Wookiecookie's post makes it evident enough. They hide it and delete it and bury it. Why? Well, we don't know. Riot won't answer us. This leads to the popular theory that she's in a few of their pants, possibly all at once, to remain unattacked.

My personal opinion? Revoke her account's rank and let her off with a warning. Her "desire" for revenge through this hacker, of course, is questionable, but I cannot put the actions of one off on another. She may or may not have done this, but I don't know. I don't honestly care. When he's caught (and he will be, by Riot or by a rather brave player), he'll be thrown in jail. Simple.

TL;DR? Riot, your hiding this issue is dumb. Just answer us. Tell us something is going to be done. Otherwise you'll keep getting this public denouncement. Hiding this is not the answer. Wookie, not meaning to attack you or anything, but don't act like this is a minor issue. The hackings are one thing, this is another. First Amendment. Not even the government can take it, so why are you able to? Yeah, these are your forums, but guess what? This is the USA.

TryMucinex

08-22-2013

See guys, relax! There's always a reason, people probably loves the excitement of something new happening and getting too overboard...
No need to be mad. c:

Sulale

08-22-2013

Oh snap wookie delivered.

The only thing I can ask for is a reason why threads get closed. So people like me wont create threads on the same topic repeatedly.
Also updates on issues like account security being violated would be good too.

Poisonpowder

08-22-2013

Quote:
Our forums are HUGE.
They're really not that big and most content is posted in GD. It's a 1-3 page feed to monitor.

Quote:
Most likely they will continue to be posted
How is that not the forum moderators' immediate concern? There are a large number of forums that have a minimum of counterproductive content because of their quality of moderation.

Quote:
and we will do our best to clean it up, but sometimes it will slip through.
If I took the time to, I could do a better job manually closing threads with downvotes from multiple smurf accounts. I don't, because that's a temporary fix for a glaring problem, and let's face it, I don't exactly want to work 2 full time jobs.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Of course an investigation has started. And of course we're not going to comment on it publicly. This isn't mob justice.
Going to ignore the rest, and just ask one thing.

Can we (the community) expect to be informed of when Riots investigation is completed and IF the crime was committed that those involved have been appropriately punished and prevented from doing more of what they did?

I Know its not Riots policy to comment on punishments and bans, but considering the serious nature of the events in question I'd say these events merit some confirmation that the threat to account security has been removed.

Zastie

08-22-2013

Wookie, you don't seem to understand that we've been hack and this makes us want to know what's up, not to be rude but I don't think most of us here are going "Oh ok, you don't want to comment yet" because you've set the rules and someone's broken them and gotten away with it.

Shiister

08-22-2013

Quote:
The TLDR doesn't share the story.
So what I'm getting from this is that the community want Riot to tell them private information about how they handle their punishment?

Such as "Hey guys we looked into ES and banned her because you guys demanded it"

Am I right or wrong?