The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farranor

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryMucinex View Post
This is what I think, no hate, just my opinion, :c
None of the threads so far that what I've been seeing
So, you didn't see deleted threads? How puzzling!

"Everyone who's not here, raise your hands so I can mark you absent."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
I have absolutely no idea what this issue even is. I try to look it up, and I can't find anything.

So I'm guessing that the whole dissemination of information thing is working. Aside from maybe .05% of the lol population, whatever issue this is is completely unnoticed.
So, you looked for deleted threads, realized that they weren't there, and decided that that means they never existed and were never created in the first place, so therefore nobody cares and it's a non-issue? That's some beautiful reasoning.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
I understand (Maybe they're annoyed about thread about them. =P Then again, if you mention a name, that's naming and shaming, probably a reason why it's deleted), but have you try to send a ticket?
Tell us how that go.
I actually have recently sent a ticket regarding a thread of mine that was moved to the wrong forum section, it was 100% ignored and closed without explanation, I tried to reopen it but it was closed again.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea what this issue even is. I try to look it up, and I can't find anything.

So I'm guessing that the whole dissemination of information thing is working. Aside from maybe .05% of the lol population, whatever issue this is is completely unnoticed.
Damn it, man, don't encourage them to ignore us!

TryMucinex

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Making a thread title like "@Riot, Help us understand" is not going to get ANY attention from anyone.
As far as I know the only real way to get a red post is to start a thread this way "What kind of music do you listen to when you play League?" or "Leona and Diana are so great and wonderful."
I have no idea what Riot would think, but perhaps because the threads they responds to are related to League of Legends, and once again, players never really tried that a lot without breaking the rules, such as naming and shaming.

Once again, my opinion!

XeLander

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Naming and Shaming is against our Forum Policies.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2702857

If you have an issue with a particular player, feel free to write in a ticket directly to Player Support. We will not tolerate witch hunts on our boards.
Are you serious? Like...seriously? The fact that a person that is/was blatantly abusing the Tribunal/elo boosting is absolutely ridiculous. It's also ridiculous that nothing has been done to this certain individual because there is outstanding evidence that easily convicts them. Just because they know a Riot employee, they should not get a free pass to do whatever the **** they want. The minute you (as a company) choose to give someone the freedom to do so, other people get upset because they want the same treatment. I don't understand why this person is getting such special treatment. He/she should, if anything, be made examples of. This whole situation is pathetic and Riot as a whole should be ashamed of themselves

Atrayen

08-22-2013

I've been watching this situation for a while. In fact, I've been watching it since last year when it happened.

When the situation first happened, the general consensus on the forums was that "Emo Sparkle" (see above posts, page 5) was scum and deserved the ban. There were his rabid fans who tried to convince us otherwise, but that was basically it. Shiny-Rock (again, see above posts, page 4), was briefly mentioned, but her situation took a back seat to the fact that Emo Sparkle (ES) received a ban.

Then the story began to be written.

ES began to make public chatlogs between him and his now-Ex Girlfriend, Shiny Rock (SR). As players read these logs it became more and more evident that ES actually was doing something that we would later look back on with a little bit of understanding. SR had in fact received a free Diamond account completely based on the fact that no one paid her much attention when ES was banned. There was quite a stirring on the forums when this occurred, but not enough to get a reponse from Riot.

The issue disappeared for a good time period, approximately 10ish months. I had even forgotten about this, TBH.

About a month and a half ago we introduce the ES Fans once more. More public denouncement of SR with even more proof, including what appeared to be a 200 pg long chat log with evidence of her knowing full well she was getting boosted. This is now the primary focus of the player base, as the evidence is undeniable. She begins to be attacked on the forums. Riot does nothing. So what happens?

Scumson (above posts, page 4, S-S)happens. Somehow he gains access to forum posts and edits them to reflect positively on SR. He also changes the amount of votes. This then leads to now, where he has hacked accounts, sent them to places like the LAN servers and Oceania. What happens now? Well, this is simple. Wookiecookie's post makes it evident enough. They hide it and delete it and bury it. Why? Well, we don't know. Riot won't answer us. This leads to the popular theory that she's in a few of their pants, possibly all at once, to remain unattacked.

My personal opinion? Revoke her account's rank and let her off with a warning. Her "desire" for revenge through this hacker, of course, is questionable, but I cannot put the actions of one off on another. She may or may not have done this, but I don't know. I don't honestly care. When he's caught (and he will be, by Riot or by a rather brave player), he'll be thrown in jail. Simple.

TL;DR? Riot, your hiding this issue is dumb. Just answer us. Tell us something is going to be done. Otherwise you'll keep getting this public denouncement. Hiding this is not the answer. Wookie, not meaning to attack you or anything, but don't act like this is a minor issue. The hackings are one thing, this is another. First Amendment. Not even the government can take it, so why are you able to? Yeah, these are your forums, but guess what? This is the USA.

TryMucinex

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
So, you didn't see deleted threads? How puzzling!

"Everyone who's not here, raise your hands so I can mark you absent."
I've definitely seen thread before they were deleted, it usually breaks the rule. :s

Cynicatt

08-22-2013

Quote:
I have no idea what Riot would think, but perhaps because the threads they responds to are related to League of Legends, and once again, players never really tried that a lot without breaking the rules, such as naming and shaming.

Once again, my opinion!
I have been part of 3 or so completely civil threads that didn't include naming/shaming trying to get a response out of Riot concerning the hackings and so forth, and every single one of them has been deleted without explanation.

It's starting to really get on my nerves. It's too bad they have such an amazing game, because I'm very upset with them right now.

Jayarrrrr

08-22-2013

Quote:

Not mentioning any names here, this is what happened. A female player was supposedly dating a very skilled jungler who was on his way to becoming a pro player. She used him to boost her elo. She then broke up with him. He named her on the forums. She got a slap on the wrist, he was permanently IP banned from League of Legends, IP banned from forums, and banned on twitch. A Riot employee then started defending her. I'm not sure about the extent of the extortion that went on between the Riot employee and the female, I think there was some ventrilo conversations of them playing games together or smthn, but not sure if it went beyond that. Then, some hacker decided to start 'protecting' the female player from having her reputation torn apart on forums and reddit. He has some sort of program (probably a brute force type thing) that he used to gain access to e-mails, full names, IP's, and log-in information from players who 'attacked' the female on forums, in in-game chat, ect. People became worried, and started posting about this problem on the forums. Riot immediately started deleting the threads and banning people involved in them. 3 or 4 days later, they made a statement that said everything was fine, stop crying about it. 3 to 4 days after, they made another statement saying oh yeah, btw we got hacked.

TryMucinex

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
I actually have recently sent a ticket regarding a thread of mine that was moved to the wrong forum section, it was 100% ignored and closed without explanation, I tried to reopen it but it was closed again.
Ouch, sorry about that. :c
What was it about anyway? And was it on General Discussion? =o