Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Japtch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2009

Can anyone post an in-depth instruction on how to use Boot Camp? I've searched around, and I can't seem to find something simple enough for my Window's based mind.

I'm a first time Mac owner, and I'm still learning how to use everything. I have LoL installed on my other computer, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on a Mac. Can anyone help?

broxh

12-16-2009

Boot camp is very easy, its included on your OSX disks (it may be in your utilities folder, but not sure on that one, it varies by user). First: you run the bootcamp setup helper, which goes through your drive and creates a windows partition of it, which you will then install windows on. Then just follow instructions, you must use windows XP Service Pack 3 or newer (vista or 7 are fine).

Japtch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2009

So I have to own a Windows installation disk in order to play LoL?

I have a 3000 dollar mac, and I intend to use it's abilities for my entertainment. Entertainment being League of Legends.

Odyseeus

12-17-2009

Have a mac been using my roommates laptop to play. Please make the mac version soon, because I wont be able to play!!! WC3 was on mac I don't see this being that hard of a transfer. I don't wanna go to HON.....

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

12-18-2009
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Unfortunately Odyseeus, the Mac version is some time out (if at all). It's very different to program a game on Windows and Mac. Blizzard is a bigger company and planned the different releases from the beginning. It's a very different situation for Riot.

Japtch

12-19-2009

Then, could we explain how to use the game on Mac. I'm a new mac user, and don't fully understand how to do it.

InFamousNKVD

12-19-2009

Here's a solution for those who don't necessarily want to get off your mac or use boot camp. Install the Parallels. Parallels is a program sorta like VMFusion but it integrates within the OSX operating system making everything feel as one. Using balanced amount of ram has given me the best performance (might be different for others but still). You can buy parallels or you can bittorrent (dont ask where or how to). Also, you'll need your own install DVD of Windows XP/ Vista/ 7 but these are very easy to find on the internet.
Anyways Cheers!
-Infamous

Prudentia

12-22-2009

any updates on mac development with LOL?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

12-22-2009
3 of 9 Riot Posts

LoL will not be supporting Macs in the near future. To give a very rough, very unofficial estimate, I'd say it's at least a year out at soonest.

scroooge mcduck

12-23-2009

Have anyone tried using VMWare Fusion 3.0 to run LoL?