i rly think leona jungle is strong

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingoftheGreen

08-21-2013

I don't like her, don't play her in ranked. She is bad end game tank, and is only really good if your team needs a tank. Her damage output just isn't there, so any skirimishes in the jungle are eh. If she gets counter ganked while coming to gank not good either. Much more strong junglers than leona. She should definately just fade into support.

matrinox

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
I just played in a game vs a Naut, and watched the replay after. Me and the Nautilus followed the same jungle path, and I was actually a little faster and healthier. That of course was level 1-4. Then I ganked a few times, and went back to the jungle till 6. Don't forget that Leona has an AA reset on a fairly short cooldown. I tend to gank a lot though, and get a lot of XP that way.

He even stole my blue, so I had to take the time to get over to his blue. I run attack speed marks and move quints.
plz allow her to proc her passive on monsters

Strossus Gran

08-21-2013

The way I learned to do it is go 21/9/0 straight down the AD tree and go AD quints/reds. Start Q, and machete+5 pots, you AA the big creep > Q > click the creep again for an instant auto attack and that's your triple Q for crazy burst at low level. Take W at lvl 2 and repeat at the other camp, get E, go gank. Build a SotAG and a tiamat (don't make hydra til like super late game if fed) and boots and you're set to build whatever other tanky/hp items you need. Once you get a tiamat your farming speeds up a lot and a Q combo and tiamat proc will clear out small camps, and a W will help speed up buff camps/reduce damage taken to no more than your SotAG will regen. Its actually pretty straightforward, very similar to Nocturne imo.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-21-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingoftheGreen View Post
I don't like her, don't play her in ranked. She is bad end game tank, and is only really good if your team needs a tank. Her damage output just isn't there, so any skirimishes in the jungle are eh. If she gets counter ganked while coming to gank not good either. Much more strong junglers than leona. She should definately just fade into support.
It obviously depends on your team composition, and picks. That being said, her ability to lock people down and soak damage is insane. When you discount her damage though, make sure you're remembering her passive. While it doesn't show up on her damage chart at end game, it's a substantial amount of damage. With the emergence of carry supports like Zyra, she makes a lot of sense.

Criomhthann

08-21-2013

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21888534#profile

Diamond 4 Jungle Leona, climbed from silver with it. He has a guide floating around here somewhere.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Where's IronStylus...

Vivi

08-21-2013

Leona jungle is a beast! Try building an Iceborn Gauntlet on her, it rocks. Also, her clearing time is actually pretty fast after Madreds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmFwPgzK0-M

OmgKragnor

Recruiter

08-21-2013

when i play jungle leona i go spirit of the elder lizard into spirit of the ancient golem with armor boots and run flat ad quints and reds with a 21/9/0 page. Her clear speed is slow-medium and her ganks are insane. for summoners i go exhaust smite
end game items i consider are sunfire cape if i can get it early, spirit visage, abyssal scepter if I am doing well but need MR, and randiuns
brofist would be a solid item too and I have been playing around with tiamat at the suggestion of another avid leona jungler.

kinbountykin

08-21-2013

Her clear times are fine. My major problem when I've done it - enemies are so scared of her ganks they play ultra passive and all the lanes are so pushed that you can't pull off a safe gank.

RiotTantram

Senior Software Engineer

08-21-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinbountykin View Post
Her clear times are fine. My major problem when I've done it - enemies are so scared of her ganks they play ultra passive and all the lanes are so pushed that you can't pull off a safe game.
Success.