Summoners Rift "Skin" change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Bondega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-21-2013

I remember during the off season between Season 1 and Season 2 there was Summoners Rift Winter (or something like that). I thoroughly enjoyed it (and the changes to potions and elixirs to look different) and was wondering if this was ever going to happen again or not. I felt as though it gave the game a much more aesthetic feeling during the holidays and made it go better with the current months of the year.

Now, I am not asking for anything close to DOTA 2 and it changing from day to night in game, but it would be cool if the maps would change during the year to match up with it being spring, summer, fall, and winter. Something like snow, change of tree colors, ice in the river, dead grass in bushes, and santa hats on minions (cause I thought that was adorable).

A red post would be truly appreciated, and if you also would like to see something like this feel free to bump or upvote

slothower420

08-21-2013

I like the day/night element of Dota. It gives some champs LoS advantage, likewise during the day. But as for map skins, they do them around Halloween and Christmas. It would be cool if they could come up with a new constant one or several limited time ones.

Captain Bondega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothower420 View Post
I like the day/night element of Dota. It gives some champs LoS advantage, likewise during the day. But as for map skins, they do them around Halloween and Christmas. It would be cool if they could come up with a new constant one or several limited time ones.
I don't remember there being a map change look during this winter at all and I know it has been a long time since they changed the look of potions and elixirs in the store. I was just looking to see if it was ever a plan to do again or if it was just a one time thing.

And back to the DOTA thing, I just think it would add another element for hardcore DOTA fans to complain about the two games being so similar and would just instigate too much stuff rather than add a new element to the game. Also, I just don't like it :P

Captain Bondega

Recruiter

08-21-2013

Bump.

Voyles

08-21-2013

Google is your friend: http://yurixyworks.com/category/game...ue-of-legends/

Captain Bondega

Recruiter

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Even though it is completely legal to mod your own league client (skins, maps, minions, etc), I don't think I want to try and change what league looks like if it is not what Riot intended it to look like.

Voyles

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bondega View Post
Even though it is completely legal to mod your own league client (skins, maps, minions, etc), I don't think I want to try and change what league looks like if it is not what Riot intended it to look like.
OK, I thought you wanted to change it to what you wanted it to look like. I thought you wanted a "much more aesthetic feeling."

Their seasonal maps is not what they intended to look like either. Right now, SR looks exactly like what they intended it to look like.

Captain Swag HD

08-21-2013

I could be wrong but I think that if you search the forums you can probably find that riot would like more skins for the maps, but the file size is too large to have players download and store on their machines. The game is already rather large and having more map skins requires a lot of hard drive space.

When they switch for awhile (Harrowing, Winter, etc.) they replace the regular map skin. This requires a large patch so they don't do it too often.

cauliflower

08-21-2013

Man it's been so long since the winter map was out the music actually gives me nostalgia. I have yet to hear a word why riot won't bring it back besides "you can't see Chogath rupture." Fix it. It can't be that hard.

Captain Bondega

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauliflower View Post
Man it's been so long since the winter map was out the music actually gives me nostalgia. I have yet to hear a word why riot won't bring it back besides "you can't see Chogath rupture." Fix it. It can't be that hard.
I loved the winter Summoners Rift so much.