Lost my platinum with zero warning.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragongem

08-21-2013

Riot, I just logged League and was greeted with the "congratulations! You're now demoted to Gold I in solo queue." Needless to say, I am furious. I understand how decay works. What I don't understand is that I received absolutely, positively zero warning in the entire decay period until SURPRISE! I have to play a bunch more games.

I've played nearly every day for the past week or so in other game modes and not once have I received a warning that I was about to decay. Zero, none. I've gotten the warning before and I played a game or two in order to break it. This time? Nope.

Riot, give me my platinum back. I'm going to reearn it if I have to, but knowing how solo queue works it might be as few as 4 games or it could be as many as 50-100 if I hit a few bad streaks. I spent 200 games pushing myself to achieve that rank and now I lost it thanks to you guys not doing a lick of decent service.

Look, I expect you all to be completely and utterly unhelpful, but please at least do us a favor and maybe, just possibly, make it convenient to know when decay is coming?

Quintessence

08-21-2013

Sucks, maybe you should have been playing. I like that it doesn't tell you when you will decay, it keeps people from just playing the bare minimum and staying in a division or tier.

Best Robot NA

08-21-2013

it takes like a month to even START decaying, why are you angry

should've just actually played ranked

Dragongem

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Robot NA View Post
it takes like a month to even START decaying, why are you angry

should've just actually played ranked
I"m angry because I should get some basic convenience from Riot after putting so much hard work into going from Gold to Platinum. I earned my way there and I should at least get more than just a maybe one time message (that I never got) saying "hey you need to play a game because we're going to decay you". It's even worse because I was relying on getting that message (like I had gotten LAST time, then played), and then got the carpet pulled out from under me.

I put in my time in ranked, I just wish Riot would put in the time for people.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

08-21-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongem View Post
Riot, I just logged League and was greeted with the "congratulations! You're now demoted to Gold I in solo queue." Needless to say, I am furious. I understand how decay works. What I don't understand is that I received absolutely, positively zero warning in the entire decay period until SURPRISE! I have to play a bunch more games.

I've played nearly every day for the past week or so in other game modes and not once have I received a warning that I was about to decay. Zero, none. I've gotten the warning before and I played a game or two in order to break it. This time? Nope.

Riot, give me my platinum back. I'm going to reearn it if I have to, but knowing how solo queue works it might be as few as 4 games or it could be as many as 50-100 if I hit a few bad streaks. I spent 200 games pushing myself to achieve that rank and now I lost it thanks to you guys not doing a lick of decent service.

Look, I expect you all to be completely and utterly unhelpful, but please at least do us a favor and maybe, just possibly, make it convenient to know when decay is coming?
The system will give you a warning roughly 7 days before you decay. Is this the first time you've logged in within a month?

xFaII

08-21-2013

You know you could've just played at least one ranked game each day like I do. It doesn't hurt since you lose nothing if you lose

Best Robot NA

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongem View Post
I"m angry because I should get some basic convenience from Riot after putting so much hard work into going from Gold to Platinum. I earned my way there and I should at least get more than just a maybe one time message (that I never got) saying "hey you need to play a game because we're going to decay you". It's even worse because I was relying on getting that message (like I had gotten LAST time, then played), and then got the carpet pulled out from under me.

I put in my time in ranked, I just wish Riot would put in the time for people.
pretty sure there is a message, you just didn't see it.

Aametherar

08-21-2013

But they did say congratulations!

Dragongem

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The system will give you a warning roughly 7 days before you decay. Is this the first time you've logged in within a month?
No, I've played a game or two pretty consistently for the past few weeks or so. I got the warning last time but I did not receive any warning this time despite having at least been online fairly consistently. I got the message about a month ago and I played a game but failed to receive one this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylotic View Post
You know you could've just played at least one ranked game each day like I do. It doesn't hurt since you lose nothing if you lose
I don't have that much time in a day as I work a full-time job and work-out pretty consistently. A ranked game a day would be an hour away from not playing with friends, doing other stuff, etc.

Look, I understand the system and I understand why decay is in there. I'm more frustrated because the system is intentionally obfuscating for the convenience of people who put in their time and achieved their goals and then wanted to be done with it for a bit. I have the time to do it; but I would like it if you guys at Riot made it a lot easier to understand when you would be at risk.

Snowdayy

08-21-2013

I just got to Plat back after the decay dropped me back to Gold I.

I don't remember having any kind of warning. I actually thought it would not drop me back since you can't drop by losing, so yea.

12345 ... 9