i rly think leona jungle is strong

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uiraya

08-21-2013

It's super fun. The only downside is you need your teammates to be paying attention when you gank.

Clear times are fine. They aren't *fast*, but they aren't slow either.
~Uiru

Cittenkatty

08-21-2013

Oh no no no no... don't tell that Leona jungle is good. It will get popularity, people will lose to it, call it OP, then Morello will get wind of it. And when he does, nerf batting practice all day eeryday. That's the life of a champion in League atm. (Unless it's a marksman of course)

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-21-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

I've been playing a lot of jungle Leona lately, and loving it.

If you have a good team, it is really strong. People just need to be ready for, and follow up on your ganks. Her clear speed is a little slow, but no slower than some of the other popular tank junglers (ie Naut). While she doesn't deal a lot of damage herself, her base numbers are good, and her passive proc generates a lot of invisible damage.

I've been running 9/21/0 mostly, but will sometimes switch to 0/21/9, depending on the comps.

I'm by no means a pro, and play in the Gold/Plat areas.

Vacus

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
Her clear speed is a little slow, but no slower than some of the other popular tank junglers (ie Naut). While she doesn't deal a lot of damage herself, her base numbers are good, and her passive proc generates a lot of invisible damage.
I'm not here to disagree with the overall thrust of your response or this thread.

But there is no way Leona clears as fast as Naut, except during levels 1-3 or maybe 1-4 if Naut goes for Q at 3 then fails ganks over and over and can't hit 4 without jungling.

Once Naut has 2 points in W, his clear speed is phenomenal.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-21-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
I'm not here to disagree with the overall thrust of your response or this thread.

But there is no way Leona clears as fast as Naut, except during levels 1-3 or maybe 1-4 if Naut goes for Q at 3 then fails ganks over and over and can't hit 4 without jungling.

Once Naut has 2 points in W, his clear speed is phenomenal.
I just played in a game vs a Naut, and watched the replay after. Me and the Nautilus followed the same jungle path, and I was actually a little faster and healthier. That of course was level 1-4. Then I ganked a few times, and went back to the jungle till 6. Don't forget that Leona has an AA reset on a fairly short cooldown. I tend to gank a lot though, and get a lot of XP that way.

He even stole my blue, so I had to take the time to get over to his blue. I run attack speed marks and move quints.

Zerglinator

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
I just played in a game vs a Naut, and watched the replay after. Me and the Nautilus followed the same jungle path, and I was actually a little faster and healthier. That of course was level 1-4. Then I ganked a few times, and went back to the jungle till 6. Don't forget that Leona has an AA reset on a fairly short cooldown. I tend to gank a lot though, and get a lot of XP that way.

He even stole my blue, so I had to take the time to get over to his blue. I run attack speed marks and move quints.
Share the replay! Let us watch your secrets!

Strossus Gran

08-21-2013

Just had to make sure Shppy saw this and he did, don't think of jungle Leona the same way you'd think of support Leona and you'll do fine. I'm winding up to try her as a jungler in 3's too I think, that CC and defense steroid and burst lets you build more damage than most tanks that you'd take to TT.

Stetto

08-21-2013

I'm seriously wondering, why people are so stubborn, when it comes to picks and champion roles. If they haven't seen something before, then it's automatically bad. *facepalm*

I don't see why Leona shouldn't work, if you play and pick it correctly!

Yes, her clearing speed should be below some other junglers, but her ganks should be godlike with her burst and CC. The clearing speed doesn't even really matter, because she's item independent. As long as you get a smiteless first buff and can rush level 3. Afterwards, you're at the very least a roaming support Leona, which already is scary! With experience from assists, you shouldn't fall behind.

I'd be afraid of invaders like Nunu or Lee Sin, though.

Strossus Gran

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetto View Post
I'd be afraid of invaders like Nunu or Lee Sin, though.
To be fair, isn't that a fear of any number of junglers who are fairly widely accepted? Invasion resistance is a scale all junglers are judged on, and most of them aren't Udyr, Shyvana, Nunu, and Lee Sin.

XSwagSwagYoloX

08-21-2013

I wanna try Leona jungle, but I'm terrified of the first few levels. I dicked around with it once in a bot game and nearly died on every single monster.
What should I be building on her anyway? Tanky DPS, like frozen fist and stuff, I imagine, right?